I have some personal news

Her name is Brenda.

27 Likes

I’m so happy for you Jim!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Whoa, what a curve ball! Way to put a ring on it, Coach!

2 Likes

Congrats Jim!! Many happy anniversaries to y’all.

2 Likes

Congratulations! How wonderful for you both.

2 Likes

A story about the ring: I bought it ten years ago when I had no one to give it to. The ring has been in my safe for the ten years, and my typically confident self thought I would meet someone worthy of the ring. That did not happen so I gave up that thought and was ok with my daughter inheriting it. Then Brenda, who was in my HS graduation class, but we did not know each other at all, sat in an empty chair next to me at a HH. Still slightly unbelievable to me.

The estate ring is more than 100 years old and is inscribed “TH Mc EBK 4/1/23.” 1923!

Unapologetic sappiness warning: I am a history major, and I also am sentimental and a romantic. Just think. More than 100 years ago a man was in love with a woman and gave her that ring. More than 100 years later another man was in love with another woman and gave her the very same ring. Pretty cool to be a link in that chain.

14 Likes

Congratulations! Happy for both of you! As a fellow sap, that is a great story!

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more on vintage rings. My wife’s is a Tiffany ring from (we think) the 1930s-40s, pretty modest by today’s standards with no big stones or anything, but it’s really elegant and I love the history associated with it.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic, Jim! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congrats Jim!

2 Likes

Congrats, Jim!

2 Likes

My wife’s ring has a story involving 9/11. Someday I’ll share it, if anyone is interested.

4 Likes

I am. You can text the story to me.

Congratulations, Jim! That’s wonderful!

2 Likes

Congrats, Jim. I wish you two many happy years together.
Is she a baseball fan?

2 Likes

Congratulations to both of you.

2 Likes

Great news. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congratulations, @JimR! I wish you and your bride to be all the best.

1 Like

Some, but more a football fan.