I have some personal news

Congratulations!

1 Like

That is wonderful Jim, Iā€™m so happy for you.

2 Likes

As long as itā€™s not the cowboys :wink:

Seriously, so fā€™in happy for you, Coach/Jim.
Itā€™s nice to see good news for a change!

1 Like

Jim, congrats to you and the Mrs! What a beautiful ring, so happy you found the perfect person to wear it after all these years!

1 Like

Not a Mrs. yet but maybe soon.

Thanks, Jo!

1 Like

Congrats you and Brenda!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a great story, thanks for sharing it and your news! Congratulations to the both of you!

2 Likes

Thank you, Tom.

1 Like

Cheers Jim! Sending you and Brenda all the best here from KC!

2 Likes

We all need and deserve love and companionship.

Congrats to you and your love. I wish you many wonderful years.

2 Likes

So nice of you, Jim. Thank you. As I have told several others, I had more or less given up on another love relationship and was ok with that. I have had four and figured that was my lifeā€™s quota. Then Brenda, who I did not know, sat in that empty chairā€¦.

3 Likes

10 1/2 years ago, days after our 21st wedding anniversary, my then wife sat me down and gave me a speech I will never forget.

ā€œJim, I love you as much as I have ever lived you and canā€™t imagine being married to anyone else but I donā€™t want to be a married person anymore. I want to do whatever I want wih whomever I want and not follow any rules or tell anyone else what Iā€™m doing.ā€

After a year of trying everything I could think of I decided 1 person could not make a marriage work, and I filed for divorce. (FTR that pissed her off because she wanted to stay LEGALLY married for the kids and legal benefits)

For several months I had several first dates but no 2nd dates. I wanted to be married as thats the lfestyle I like and equate with happiness. But I wasnā€™t ready and also had not met the right one.

A few months later I found my current wife and now realize that was wasnā€™t exactly unhappy all those years, but not happy like I could be.

I try not to preach or bring my beliefs into this site, so I will make this brief (sometimes tough for me).

I believe that HE guides us to the right one at the right time. Sometimes that takes longer and with more experiences than others but if you are open and put yourself out there it will happen.

Congrats again my friend.

6 Likes

What a damn horrible thing for #1 to say, and I am SO glad for your finding #2! I do not disagree with your conclusion either. Whether God had a hand in it or not, I thank Him or Her for Brenda often.

4 Likes

It was pretty traumatic at the time but I am very thankful for it now.

We have 3 kids together so stay in touch and are not on bad terms. Our youngest will be 18 right after Christmas so that will change too, which I am fine with.

True to her word (to the best of my knowledge- I donā€™t care to know) she has not had a serious relationship. She moved in with her mother and comes and goes as she pleases leaving our youngest with her.

My former MIL is a good person and takes good care of her grandkids.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

Cheers. Iā€™ll have a beer in your honor and happiness during the Astros game tonight.

3 Likes

Best wishes for you and Brenda, Jim!

2 Likes

No apology needed!

ETA: you are a better man than I, Gunga Jim. Except for necessary contact re kids, I would have dropped her like the proverbial hot rock after the last sentence of her Declaration of Independence. I would not have fallen for the ā€œI still love youā€ BS either, and she would be dead to me, except for kids, not friends. As I said, you are a better man than I.

2 Likes

The kids are the only reason.

Its funny how after all those years, I have no feelings toward her at all anymore. Nothing negative or positive. Sheā€™s just another person who I need to talk to about our mutual kids occassionally.

3 Likes

Not funny at all. Healthy, imo.

2 Likes

Congrats, Coach!! Best goddamn news Iā€™ve heard all day.

So happy for you and Brenda. Itā€™s a rare, special thing in this world to find someone you love and who also loves you.

2 Likes

I had given up on that and was ok with it. This is a most unexpected, but welcome, development.

3 Likes