Hot Stove

Good point re Bellinger. Adjustments are required, though.

This mostly covers it. We lost time from Altuve, Springer, Correa last year; all MVP caliber capable players. We spent 250 ABs on Tyler White and his 72 OPS+ And have found a potential monster to replace him (even with regression). And hopefully la Pina continues to look at the ball with both eyes. And I think a bounce back from Reddick/growth by Tucker makes exceeding last year’s tepid RF production perfectly possible.

Yordan’s performance should be one of the more fascinating things to watch this season. Will he square up all those hittable pitches he fouled off last season? Or will the holes in his swing get exploited ad nauseam?

If he successfully adjusts to the opponents’ adjustments look the fuck out.

Now the White Sox have Encarnacion

so quiet around here…any NewYears baseball wishes? non baseball but have you seen all the y2k coverage ?

Rich Hill and Homer Bailey to the Twins.

Dang, I was kind of thinking Homer Bailey would’ve been a good fit for us given the money, and him being from Texas. I also felt like you had a Little Charlie Morton type feel to him given his stuff, age and Astros history of improving pitchers like him. Oh well, moving on. Let’s see what Jeff has up his sleeve.

the last minute signings as of late are exciting but hard on my nerves…would be nice if something happened

Last year I remember waiting for something to shore up the pen. This year the pen and the rotation.

Wonder what their projections/simulations say.

If they do not day “dangerously thin,” they need new ones.

Will Harris to Nats 3 yr/$24M.

Too soon

I can still hear the sound of the clang off the foul pole.

Well, shit. That’s a bummer. Good luck to you Will

Fucking hell, this sucks.

Wow. You don’t see too many 35-year-old non-closer relievers getting three year deals.

The hits keep on coming. Interesting choice for him to make.

there has to be a plan rigth?

I’m guessing the Astros - and possibly no one else - didn’t want to guarantee three years.

Harris explained to Mark Berman of Fox 26 that the Astros “ were eliminated pretty early on in the process” because they weren’t prepared to approach his asking price. “They weren’t in that ballpark, no. They had kind of admitted to me they would’ve liked to have done more, but they weren’t able to.”