Homeless A's at Houston Astros, May 14, 2024

C’mon Jon, put this away.

Man, this hpu is a fucking joke. Both teams getting completely jobbed. Robo umps now.

2 Likes

Strike three on Singleton was 5 inches out of the zone.

Strikes out looking, and I mean looking at eye level.

Trying to move over the ghost runner? Radical concept.

Singleton looked like he could handle the speed. For the FBs, he just got under one, swung through one, fouled one off, and then spit on one that was high. But can’t do much if the ump is going to call a high slider a strike.

That’s the longest sacrifice bunt I’ve ever seen.

Motherfucker. THROW STRIKES!! Hader has to come though. It’s his job. It’s why he gets paid so much.

Can’t blame Meyers for runners moving up there.

Big K for out number 2.

Jon can score from second on a triple.

Part of the stupidity of this rule is that a walk is a reasonably good outcome to the leadoff hitter.

1 Like

Well, at least Miller is done for the night.

And hopefully tomorrow

1 Like

My 10 year old asked me today, with a glint in his eye, “is it possible for a team to get three outs in an inning where only two batters get plate appearances?”

Yeah, dude. And it’s possible for a pitcher to lose a game without surrendering a single baserunner.

Manfred Ball: Isn’t it great?

I’m sure there’s enough data to know at this point, but are extra innings games actually shorter? It’s the same advantage for both teams, so it never seemed logical to me. But there has to be data on this by now. I just haven’t seen it.

The games sure do zip by these days though. What I always like is to spend less time doing things I enjoy.

3 Likes

All to please those who don’t give a shit about the sport.

2 Likes

Jake comes through with his own extra long bunt.