Happy Thanksgiving

I hope you’re all finding what you can celebrate and enjoy in the best possible way that you are able to, and that the holiday season finds you well and content and hopeful for the future. Best wishes for all of you.

16 Likes

There’s much to be thankful for day in and day out, in my humble opinion, and this year I’m beyond thankful the Houston Astros baseball club is the champion of Major League Baseball.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

8 Likes

Ditto to those great posts. I am thankful for many things and people, not the least of which is all of you.

6 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I am thankful you have all taken me in and given me a place to talk about baseball and the Astros so I don’t end up divorced.

3 Likes

Very grateful for the folks here at OWA.

And for managers who put lefties in to face Yordan.

7 Likes

I have so much to be thankful for but will focus it here on y’all. Thanks for being good friends for 20+ years and a special thanks to @Waldo for keeping the Big Freight Train chuggin’ along.

11 Likes

Things about OWA for which I am thankful:

• A high level of baseball discourse. Frequent argument from knowledgeable members helps elevate the discussion and keeps it a level above any other similar forum.

• Reasonable attention is given by most members to proper spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. This makes the forum easier to read and more enjoyable. I appreciate that here, the Astros may sometimes lose, but almost never loose.

• Esoterica: For example, I never knew about the high level of sophistication of home-made cocktails nor the dedication of practioners. My own bartending experience is limited to a short stint at a dodgy disco in Lubbock in the late '70s and a longer one a couple of years later at a Lubbock hotel slinging whiskey and drafts for cotton ginners. I never had to make anything more complicated than a Margarita.

• Humor: There’s some funny folk 'round here.

That’s not a complete list by any means, but those were the first few to come to mind. Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!

10 Likes

Backatcha, Tex.

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

5 Likes

This is an important and possibly underappreciated observation, noteworthy particularly to the pedants among us.

10 Likes

Feast at the Hawk household. Hope everyone finds a reason to be thankful and celebrate.

10 Likes

Pedants and grammar Nazis like I.

1 Like

And pie!!!

3 Likes

11 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving, all y’all!!

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

1 Like
4 Likes

Love it.

1 Like

Thats a very nice tablecloth and runner

Thanks. Mrs Hawk has more tablecloths and runners than I ever knew one needed. But she always sets a nice table, even if it’s just the two of us. I like that.

2 Likes