Happy Thanksgiving

The alternating blue and orange napkins are a great touch.

My mother is getting the outside of her house painted…I have looked at more colors than you knew existed. Literally. I never knew there were so many colors just for white trim.

6 Likes

Yes, the trim in my house is “Italian alabaster”, not “white”.

Before I had catact surgery, white was white. After catact surgery, I can see the whole spectrum of whites.

1 Like

OK, I got a turkey carcass out of the fridge and now I get to clean it off. There is smoked turkey gumbo (dark meat) and turkey green chili enchiladas (breasts) in my next week’s plans.

Oregon State is preventing me from being productive at the moment.

1 Like

And whats your address?

2 Likes

We smoked an extra 13lb turkey (along with the other, plus one roasted) just so I’d have enough leftovers to do exactly what I stated earlier.

It’s nothing you can’t do with a rotisserie chicken.

1 Like

My favorite for rotisserie chicken is to buy the biggest one at Costco (for a whopping $4.99) and make a massive chicken soup out of it. 8-9lbs fat chicken, low boil it for an hour or so, take it out and debone it while cooking large diced chunks of carrots, onions and celery for another 30 minutes. Some poultry seasoning, some fresh thyme, cayenne to taste, a couple of squirts of siracha, salt and pepper to taste and voila. Some of the kids like it with rice, some not. If I’m feeling frisky, I’ll make some quick biscuits and I’m done. I can feed 6 people for $10 and they think I’ve fed them a 5-star meal.

3 Likes

Turns out this is even better than it sounded. I’ll have to work it into the regular dinner rotation.

1 Like