To the 9th…8-2 Astros

One down

1-out double by Arias

Two down

Winner!

And there it is.

Nice job, boys!! Great win.

1 Like

That actually looked like a baseball team. Man, Yainer is such a good hitter. Maybe not the most selective guy in the world.

There were plenty of remarkable defensive plays, but my favorite moment was Singleton’s sacrifice fly. That’s obviously the sort of thing good teams do in those situations. He’d just hit a home run. He knows that each home run he hits could very well be his last as a major leaguer. But he went up there looking to drive in the run rather than all the runs, and that’s what I love to see from him or anyone else. That’s how you win. That and not giving up 11 runs in the first inning.

4 Likes

It’s actually kind of impressive how consistently he pops up

1 Like

Maybe he should try to pop up. I mean what’s the worst that could happen?

GIDP

1 Like

In theory, if he’s trying to pop up he’ll just swing and miss, since he’s already getting under the ball every time.

1 Like

It’s a sound theory, but with this season, the only way he wouldn’t GIDP is if he GITP.

Jon Singleton, 2024:

• .275 BA
  • .356 OBP
  • .431 SLG

That’s good for a 128 OPS+, behind just Altuve, Tucker, and Peña among the everyday players. Just like we all imagined.

2 Likes

I’m really happy for him. I hope he can keep it up. 13 years in the making

Since April 10: .324/.409/.541

3 Likes

It really is. He pops up on curveballs. He pops up on sliders in on the back foot. He pops up on changeups down and away. And he pops up on the obvious high fastballs and the like. It’s really quite amazing. It’s almost like he has focused his eye on the bottom half of the ball.