Guardians @ Astros, May 1, 2024

If BAL wanted Hader at this price they would have signed him and kept their prospects by so doing. Hader has no trade value at all at this price. I realize you Cletuses need to pretend the Astros got over on the other teams by signing Hader, but they didn’t. Cue “Dueling Banjos.”

That happens every time your name pops up on a thread, no need to announce yourself.

1 Like

He’s Hetero Doxxy, right?

2 Likes

HD lacked the casual homophobia.

1 Like

People can change.

1 Like

You’re saying we’re not gorvelling enough schlong?

NTTAWWT

If I can change, and you can change…

1 Like

Interesting fact about the Dueling Banjos scene in Deliverance, the kid wasn’t playing the banjo. He didn’t know how to play the banjo so Boorman set it up where a banjo player was behind the kid with his arms reaching around to play the instrument.

2 Likes

Sounds like a story made up on the fly for a girlfriend visiting the movie set.

Don’t you mean cousin? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

1 Like

He was nervous about what his GF would say when she saw a dude with a bilateral reach-around going on.

I agree with @Doyce7. If the Astros don’t right the ship soon, firing Espada will be the first domino to fall.

People were calling for him to be fired 3 weeks into the season, I called b.s. on that.

Now that it’s May, it doesn’t seem so crazy anymore.

“The Fall Guy”, coming this summer to theaters AND Minute Maid Park!

4 Likes

“If I’m here, and you’re here, isn’t it our time?”

We can all conjugate? (verbs, that is)

You can’t be canned as the fall guy if the firing is legit. You are just canned.

In full transparency, I was 100% on the Espada train starting two years ago. I still struggle to reconcile what I see on a nightly basis with what my impression was of him when advocating for him to be the next manager of the Astros.

2 Likes

The reason I was most upset about Dusty’s return last year was because I feared it would lead Espada to seek opportunities elsewhere, and I was convinced, for some reason, that we absolutely did not want to lose him. His performance thus far this year has been a revelation, and not in a good way.

4 Likes

Fuck you.

1 Like

I had the same feelings exactly about Espada. He might just be the Warren Harding of managers: an incompetent dude who just brilliantly looks the part.

I was also always surprised—and happy—when he wasn’t hired away every offseason.

1 Like