Guardians @ Astros, May 1, 2024

I heard that it’s his walk year and he’s going to tear things up.

1 Like

You’re the tying run in scoring position. The one thing you can’t do there is get double off to end the game. Guess what happened.

I’m trying to be nicer and not just call him a fucking idiot, even though he was a fucking idiot

That was a fucking idiot decision. You have to know better. But again…Espada…why the fuck was he even still out there?

I would have let Diaz run, then either Diaz can play first in the 10th or you still bring Cabbage in and Diaz catches. Putting yourself in a position where Caratini is the free runner, is criminal.

It’s not like Yainer is a slow runner

Having dealt with the main offensive issue for the present, the team is finding itself swimming upstream with Espada’s decisions. His in game decisions are often questionable at best, and his batting Bregman second is unconscionable. Bregman shouldn’t even be in the lineup. If you absolutely have to play him, bat his ass ninth. I mean, what the fuck.

I saw a fangraphs thing today talking about how terrible he is. The conclusion is that he’s terrible and his constant and idiotic tinkering with his swing makes everything worse.

1 Like

Yep. The correct move is to keep Diaz in the game. But Espada is playing 1-D chess.

That said…Caratini has to not have his head up his ass.

Bregman is the poster child for paralysis by analysis

1 Like

Especially with Altuve coming up. Ending up with 1st and 3rd with 1 out isn’t a bad thing there. The more I think about it the more angry I get. Just bad all around

1 Like

The axe could seriously be coming if they don’t go on a run over the next two weeks

2 Likes

By the way, if I didn’t know who the home plate ump was I would have thought he was just a regular idiot rather than the single worst umpire in the modern era. He squeezed JV a little, but, very unusually, he did not disgrace himself with jaw dropping missed calls, not in my opinion.

1 Like

The bar is set pretty low, but I only counted a handful of really bad calls.

The bar is in the basement

I can’t see Crane firing Espada this year or even next year, regardless of how bad things get. Maybe I’m wrong. It feels really bad to hope I’m wrong because I was so certain Espada would be great as I’ve mentioned repeatedly. But what we’re seeing aren’t growing pains, it’s just garden variety dumbassery.

I understand the team feels some sort of loyalty to Bregman’s cumulative production, but putting him in a spot in the lineup where he can repeatedly terrorize your efforts to score runs is just insane, especially when you have Peña just begging to hit there.

1 Like

Weird to defend this freak, but I didn’t see any REALLY bad calls, just ten or so missed calls that most any other umpire is perfectly capable of repeating at any time.

1 Like

THEY TOOK THE FUCKING BAR!

Oh, I disagree. I bet Crane is seething right now after crossing the luxury tax for this season. I think all bets are off.

2 Likes

At this point I’d be plotting how to steal prospects from Baltimore in exchange for Pressly and/or Hader.

There is zero chance they trade Hader. He’s Crane’s guy.

South Park, James Cameron submarine episode