General TV Thread

Love the games and this looks like it’s got the vibe of the game down.

1 Like

Nevermind any misspellings, it’s got Walton Goggins in it so it must be good

3 Likes

If you like Guy Ritchie gangster stuff, his Netflix series The Gentlemen (spinoff of the movie) is pretty fun

Holy shit, Shogun is good. Episode 4 really steps up the story.

1 Like

Any love for Resident Alien here? Didn’t see it mentioned. It’s pretty good, 2 seasons. Sort of a weird, droll, slightly violent Northern Exposure except with an alien instead of a doctor. It’s enjoyable.

1 Like

The updated “Shogun” is enjoyable. That said, personally think the cast was better in the 1980 version, particularly Toshiro Mifune who played Toranaga and Shimada Yoko as Mariko. Mifune had incredible presence in everything he did and absolutely personified Toranaga.

I think the actor that plays Kashigi Yabushige, Tadanobu Asano, looks a lot like Toshiro Mifune (à la Yojimbo).

1 Like

Apparently Showtime is going to do a miniseries for “A Gentleman in Moscow”. I’m equal parts excited and apprehensive.

1 Like

Is pee involved?

1 Like

Well sign me up for Showtime when that happens. One of my favorite books ever; I first read it a couple of years ago and still think about it. Might be time to reread it.

Did you ever watch The Death Of Stalin?

1 Like

Yes. It’s hilarious.

1 Like

I enjoyed the Masters of the Air series. I did have one minor quibble with the ending though.

One of the Tuskegee Airmen hears a plane coming in and says something akin to “that could only be a P-51” and, sure enough, when the plane swoops into view, it is a P-51. Here’s the thing: the P-51 when originally conceived was dogshit above 14,000 feet because of the piss-poor engine they put in it. That was fixed by fitting it with the Rolls Royce “Merlin” engine, turning it into the all-conquering beast it was.

Now, the Merlin did have a very distinctive sound. But hearing it doesn’t mean that it had to be a P-51, because it could just as easily been a Spitfire, a Hurricane, a Mosquito or even a frikkin’ Lancaster bomber; all of which were powered by the Merlin.

2 Likes

I didn’t know he was a co-creator, but this could be - like Danny Rojas - very good.

Ford and Goldstein having a grump off would be TV gold.

1 Like

Starting Fallout now.

ETA: I don’t know squat about the game, but I’ll watch anything with Walton Goggins.

2 Likes

Started last night. I played the games way back, but only remember generally what it was about. So far it’s been great, but not I’m not a huge blood and guts fan, which there is a lot of.

1 Like

A genuinely funny SNL sketch. Not so much because of the writing - it’s a classic funny premise with nowhere to go - but everyone having so much fun makes it good.

1 Like

Fallout revels in the absurd, blood n guts included so they can’t do the show right without it. The guy killing someone with a baby doll leg fired from the Junk Jet was perfection.

Yes, there is an enormous amount of cartoonish violence and the accompanying blood and guts. Some will find it amusing others disgusting. Hey, that’s entertainment!

Going to dig into Fallout (the show) tonight.

If one were to jump into the games, where best to start (I’m assuming there will be compatibility issues with older iterations). I’m on PS5.