General TV Thread

They show no mercy on the bad guys.

spoiler

That helicopter sequence was intense.

2 Likes
Spoiler

AM got the Bonnie and Clyde or Jules and Vincent treatment, depending on your generation.

Brutal.

It’s an 80s Arnie movie.

Was there a better one than Commando?

I am trying to track down this iPhone case.

2 Likes

Even more so…

cold ass shit

By winging him first Reacher let him know he was about to be fully perforated.

Ditto the chopper pilot and engineer weiner getting to watch the missile fly by only to know it was coming back.

Spoiler

Ditto Langston getting dropped out of the helicopter. It would’ve been a cardinal sin for him to end any other way.

Showing the villain that they’re dead before they’re made dead is a trope that will not - and should not - ever get old.

Give me Raz al Guul seeing the train has run out of track over Grand Moff Tarkin being vaporized in an instant any day.

1 Like

“I thought you said you’d kill me last?”

“I lied.”

2 Likes

TV adjacent:

1. John Williams was on the piano for this recording.
  2. There’s a Henry Mancini channel on YT.
2 Likes

Yeah, felt like they cut it one episode short. I would have loved to see the fall out happen instead of hearing about it over ice cream in the park.

Aside from that, I found this season to be very enjoyable.

Thinking about it after I posted originally, it was likely that way because of the writer’s strike.

1 Like

That makes sense. I did find it interesting they already had the trailer for next season ready to go at the end of the episode.

1 Like

They released both S1 and S2 in the same year so I figured they probably filmed these two together.

1 Like

If you liked Ted and/or Ted 2, you’ll like the Ted TV show on Peacock.

Here endeth my Ted talk.

We’ve watched several episodes. It’s not bad, not nearly as “out there” as Family Guy which is kind of too bad but I guess Seth is maturing or something. Family Guy does remain a must watch show here at Chez Dithers, we pretty much watch it every night on FXX; we at least check in on the episodes playing.
We just finished rewatching The Orville, and it not continuing as a series would be worse than Firelfy and Enterprise put together. What a great show.
Also about to finish a second run through of Haven (which you have to like so much you’re willing to pay for it and we did) and are on the last episode of “Fool Me Once” which isn’t bad but is slow moving.
I would also highly recomment Tacoma FD if it hasn’t been on this thread already. It’s on Netflix and it’s dumb. Mrs Sid calls it Tacoma Park Boys, although it’s not quite the same she finds it just as dumb. Which is a good thing.

1 Like

I’m a few seasons behind on Family Guy but have watched the first episode of Ted and it feels and sounds just like a live-action Family Guy. “We look like a couple of suicide bombers having second thoughts” had me losing my shit.

1 Like

Best line in Ted:

John: “We’ve been goin out for four years, you don’t think she’s expecting something special, do ya?”
Ted: “What? Like anal?”

Master of the Air is out, it is the B-17 version of Band of Brothers/Pacific.

Watched the 1st episode last night, good stuff.

2 Likes

Band of Bombers

4 Likes

Two quibbles:

1. Questionable haircuts.
  2. Not enough smoking.