General Movie Thread

Probably. Or Redbox.

The marketing isn’t pulling any punches.

2 Likes

So that is what a face fucking alien looks like when fucking a face.

2 Likes

No, this is what a face fucking alien looks like when fucking a face.

Romulus going all-in on the oral rape body horror.

“Sit on my face, and tell me that you love me/
I’ll sit on your face, and tell you I love you”

2 Likes

Wow! $23/month to get 4K Netflix, and I really cannot see anything else on there that I’d want to watch. Might as well just buy it when it comes out on BD.

Re-watching Saving Private Ryan this weekend, and the detail in background stuff is amazing. For example, when the team first sets out and has the “fubar” conversation, Capt Miller manages that entire conversation like a teacher in class. Really jumped out at me this time.

Also, I only just realized that Carparzo’s letter is passed from dead man to dead man throughout the movie. I never really got that before - thinking it was different letters. But Wade copies it onto clean paper when they’re in the church, it gets taken from him by Miller, and Reiben takes it from Miller at the end.

Lastly, I’m about 95% certain that Damien Lewis is one of the Rangers in the landing craft at the beginning.

5 Likes

The letter passing I noticed when I first saw it the theater. Glad someone else picked up on it.

1 Like

Watched this many times…never noticed the letter. Thank you.

1 Like

Saw Thelma. Really good. Funny and a little sad. Didn’t even know going in but it was Richard Roundtree‘s last performance.

Latest 4K acquisition: Batman (1989).

As with Alien, you can now see the whole movie. Where earlier renderings for home consumption were so dark that you saw little other than black, you can now see everything as intended, as you would’ve on the big screen.

The life breathed into these older movies by 4K is a very welcome development.

Also, I “own” it, so I am not at the mercy of the whims of streaming services who will only show it when they feel like it, and even then deliver “4K” that is so compressed it’s little better than 720p.

Separately, I also got Team America on 4K. I didn’t need the 4K version particularly but, for reasons, my BluRay copy is long gone and it the 4K was going cheap. You can really see the strings, but I think that’s the point.

Inside Out 2 is at least a solid B tier Pixar movie, might be A on rewatch. Definitely not the S tier that the original is. Also did not make me sob uncontrollably unlike the first.

Thought it was fine but definitely overhyped.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only dad of a daughter that reacted that way.

3 Likes

If you’re sitting next to your daughter while Riley is running away from home, and you’re not bawling, I don’t even know what to think of you.

1 Like

This is a rolling gag on social media. Who’re yours?

The Inside Out characters if it was filmed inside my head.

1 Like

It’s a cartoon, right?

Laughs in Lion King

1 Like

Your dad dying after you’ve conducted a whole musical number about how you can’t wait to take his place is pretty damning circumstantial evidence.

4 Likes

I saw Toy Story 3 with a buddy in college. Two 20-year-old guys just sitting there trying desperately not to cry at the scene of Andy passing down his toys as he left the nest.

4 Likes