General Movie Thread

The big question is – do they use the original theme song?

1 Like

It would be absolute malpractice not to have it in there somewhere. Given that Lee Majors “sang” the original, does Gosling do a cover here?

Apparently it was the song that inspired the show in the first place.

I hope Lee Majors has a cameo.

2 Likes

Legend. Dumbass, but a legendary dumbass.

2 Likes

Reed’s performance in ken russel’s “the devils” is excellent. Super trippy, unusual, and moving historical film.
Had no idea about the details of his death. Vahalla worthy stupid. WITNESS!!!

2 Likes

He was a legendary rabble-rouser which somewhat curtailed his career (quite literally, in the end).

1 Like

Anthony Hopkins writes about when he was a young up and coming actor and going out partying with Reed, Albert Finney, and Alan Bates. He said they were legendary drinkers and hell raisers and impossible for him to keep up with.

3 Likes

Same here.

That’s wild.

I recommend Richard Lester’s 1973 version of The Three Musketeers in which Oliver Reed led an all star cast including a ravishing Raquel Welch, and working from a script written by George McDonald Fraser of the Flashman fame.

3 Likes

Modern trailers give away too much of the movie, but old trailers were pretty crappy.

There’s a cute Lake Bell movie called “In a World…” which is about the life of the people who do the voice-over work in movie trailers. It’s a fun watch.

1 Like

I love C McC and I love Blood Meridian (the book). That is all.

1 Like

Holy crap, really? Fraser is one of my all time favorite authors. To this day, whenever I meet a Scott, Flashman’s voice comes flooding to the front of my brain.

1 Like

This one at least had a polar bear in it.

1 Like

“Hold my beer”
-John Entwistle

Later today I will, of course, be watching my gorgeous 4K copy of “Star Wars”, free from 90s CGI bespackling and terrible scenes that were cut for a reason, and just bathe in the nostalgia.

8 Likes

Maybe I’ll work on some Lego sets.

6 Likes

I’ll be playing with my action figures

5 Likes

I’m gonna finally get around to watching the new cut of Stop Making Sense.

1 Like

Is your streaming server open to the internet?