General Movie Thread

I actually enjoyed 10 Things I Hate About You. Which surprised me. I got dragged to it by an ex-girlfriend, not knowing it was Shakespeare, but then actually enjoyed it. It was fun, with some good tunes.

1 Like

Another plug for Music and Lyrics. The perfect vehicle for Hugh Grant, the Britney-a-like is fantastic, plus great supporting turns from Kristen Johnson and Brad Garrett (no rom-com is successful without the respective best friends). Drew Barrymore is the female lead; could’ve been anyone really, but she does a decent job with a completely generic character.

The sprinkles on this cake are the 2000s-era nostalgia for 80s pop culture, which is absolutely nailed, a couple of real ear worm musical numbers, and Aasif Mandvi as the concierge.

1 Like

Speaking of romances with great soundtracks, how about Once?

eta: I know Limey loves him some Once.

1 Like

We watched You’ve Got Mail after watching The Shop Around the Corner at Christmas. It’s amazing how dated You’ve Got Mail feels, though it’s still good.

1 Like

I actually ripped the soundtrack from the Once DVD years ago since I like it so much and since many of the songs in it were performed live (vs. the store-bought soundtrack). Now, whenever I listen to the soundtrack on something like Apple Music, it seems so polished and bland vs. those live, rough and raw tracks straight out of the movie.

2 Likes

You are not alone.

English guy, Polish girl: great songs

Vanity license plates are ridiculous, and I would ne…

4 Likes

Yeah…you’re gonna have to explain the joke.

1 Like
1 Like

Man…that’s a LONG reach for that one. But I guess that’s what vanity plates are for.

2 Likes

I saw this one online the other day:

5 Likes

I really hope that this was just a random license plate number, then they figured out the acronym and had the plate holder made.

1 Like

W2BSDTD

Bam, bam, ba-bam, ba-bam, bam, ba-bam

You’re going to sit down and watch a 3-hour movie. What are you wearing?

Zendaya:

I too am ready for a new start.

9 Likes

Looks like we got ourselves …

I’ll take the penis mightier for $200, Alex

3 Likes

4 Likes

We watched Annie Hall last night. It was the first time I’d watched a Woody Allen movie in years. Outside of Roman Polanski, did anyone ever destroy their career more completely, or stupidly? Who thinks starting an affair with their girlfriend’s 17-year old daughter after you drive her to soccer practice is going to go down well?

2 Likes