General Movie Thread

Boy, I forgot all about that. I did like the last episode well enough, now that I think about it. The series was much stronger when Kamala is home in Jersey fighting the feds, much weaker when she’s off in Pakistan saving the world.

“Ghosted” on Apple TV+ is a very loose remake of “True Lies”, written by the guys who wrote the Deadpools (and killed the dog in John Wick).

That’s all you need to know. Except that it was directed by Soap from Lock, Stock.

Shut up and take my… my existing subscription I guess

1 Like

I’ve been watching The Good Place, and I don’t think I’m going to be able to take Adam Scott’s Severance character quite as seriously when that resumes.

Hey dingus.

I just rewatched The Good Place, what an easy, hilarious watch that show was.

1 Like

One of the best shows ever. And stands up to rewatching.
Severence, otoh, isn’t exactly riveting, even with their sets poached from Mythic Quest. We’ve watched 3 episodes and are not really hooked in.

With an attitude like that you’ll never get the pancake dinner.

(I think it’s worthwhile. Each episode ratchets the story forward, plus Turtoro and Waulken really shine in some later episodes)

5 Likes

The last episode is one of the only times a show has actually physically had me on the edge of my seat.

3 Likes

Talk about a show that stuck the landing.

1 Like

Definitely watch Ep4 before you decide to pull the plug.

Does Ana de Armas dance in a bedroom in her undies? 11-year-old me thought very fondly of Jamie Lee Curtis.

2 Likes

Sadly. no. But she does have a fight wearing this dress.

Also, given the premise of this movie, would it to happen, the person dancing in their underwear would be Chris Evans.

What was that?

1 Like

I was working at the movie theater when True Lies came out. We all knew what times to check that theater.

1 Like

I’ll probably skip this one:

I felt like this week’s Ted Lasso got back to why I liked the show in the first place.

I thought the Amsterdam episode was one of the best they’ve done.

Second trailer has dropped.

#MyBatman

What are the prereqs needed to follow this one? I think I’ve seen most of the DC stuff prior, including the Snyder Cut. Was there a previous Flash movie?

Sounds like you have watched more than me. I am hoping I can just air drop into this one and not be too lost.