Game tonight only on Apple TV

Roy Firestone was a fantastic interviewer back when espn did actual sports.

So do you miss the world’s strongest man competition or the America’s Cup Sailing more?

2 Likes

If I had to, I would much rather watch rich guy sailboat races or huge men lifting heavy objects than douche-bags playing poker or drunkards playing cornhole. Thankfully I don’t have to do either.

1 Like

I used to love real yacht racing. Now, I can’t stand it. I tried to watch some again the other night, and those giant fiberglass monstrosities just turned my stomach. They’re not boats. They’re not even in the water. It’s like a video game of sailing. For shame.

Pro softball

World’s Strongest Man, such an amazing show. I actually met Magnus Ver Magnusson once. Good Lord, that man’s biceps were bigger than my head.

6 Likes

Was he pulling your 737 in from the runway?

1 Like

Same goes for the current guy, HafĂŸĂłr Björnsson. My 5’ 4” daughter was talking to (and towering over) some lady standing in line at some concert in Toronto and up walks this gals husband.

She was trying to describe just how great the difference was and finally just downloaded that pic from the internet to show me.

Wrong brother.

More likely, he was stomping grapes.

737’s are for common people. I’m a Napa winemaker. It’s Gulfstream G800 or nothing.

But, yes, Magnus was pulling the plane.

3 Likes

I highly doubt there’d be any grapes left.

737 coming outta the sky, gonna take ya down to Memphis on a midnight ride

I’m on a plane, I can’t complain oh wrong thread

1 Like

Wow, Big Oil only gives me the G280. Unless it’s commercial, then the 777 or A380 is indicated. You live a charmed life.

Pretty sure you were back and forth to Midland on a good old 737.

Or the G280. We fly back and forth to Midland every day, so I could occasionally grab a seat. But yes, I had to fly Southwest. Don’t kick me when I’m down. It doesn’t reflect a gentleman such as yourself.

Ainnobody kickin. You get free peanuts on Southwest. Free bags, too. Plus, if you remember to check in early you can sit up in the front if you’re a mind to.

I flew Southwest last Friday. I checked in on Thursday only 5 minutes past the checkin start and still wound up with B29.

You need to be in the first 10 seconds to get an A boarding slot, unless you pay for the privilege.