Former Bus Rider News

Still have work to do.

As long as Iā€™m sucking airā€¦

McDermottā€™s motivation from the Mancini trade.

Seth Beer to the Pirates from the D-Backs on the AAA portion of the Rule 5 Draft.

ETA: Marty Costes to the Marlins, too.

2 Likes

2011 2nd rounder Adrian Houser just traded to the Mets from the Brewers. He was part of the infamous Mike Fiers / Carlos Gomez trade (along with Josh Hader & Brett Phillips).

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/12/mets-to-acquire-adrian-houser-tyrone-taylor-from-brewers.html

We all agreed never to speak of that again

2 Likes

No math

Interesting to look through MLBā€™s projected opening lineups for former bus riders.

Guys who had at most a short stint in Houston include:
TB - Jose Siri (CF)
BOS - Enmanuel Valdez (2B)
CLE - Ramon Laureano (RF)
LAA - Patrick Sandoval (SP)
SEA - Josh Rojas (3B)
MIA - Bryan De La Cruz (LF)
LAD - Teoscar Hernandez (LF)

And, of course, there were a couple who left via free agency but were developed in the Houston system:
TOR - George Springer (RF)
MIN - Carlos Correa (SS)

And honorable mention to:
CWS - Martin Maldonado (C)

Myles Straw clears wavers and is heading to AAA

Yeah ā€“ Straw did well for himself with that contract. It will be interesting to see if he accepts the demotion (and keeps the paycheck) or decides he would rather play with the big boys for less money ā€“ assuming anyone is interested at a reduced salary, of course. Iā€™m not sure what the market is for a speedy CF with zero power and not much bat of any kind.

He has accepted the assignment according the the article.

I didnā€™t read it that way:

ā€œIf Straw were to reject his assignment to the minor leagues, he would forfeit his contract to become a free agent.ā€

of course, the article also said that ā€œhe did make the opening day rosterā€, so they must be poaching writers from the Chron.

Yeah, I stopped reading after:
" Myles Straw has cleared waivers and accepted an outright assignment to Triple-A Columbus."

And I guess I glossed right over that. Oops.