Former Bus Rider News

I present to you Brett Phillips, MLB pitcher

Hilarious

Just came across his postgame interview

2 Likes

Too funny!

1 Like

The Mets must be pretty desperate for pitching. Bostick wasn’t exactly setting the world afire with Syracuse: 37.2 IP, 43 H, 23 BB, 29 K, 6.21 ERA, 1.75 WHIP.

ICYMI, Bryan De La Cruz was added to the major league roster for the Marlins and started last night’s game. He went hitless in 4 ABs.

Former Strength and Training coordinator at the Astros DR academy, Rachel Balcovek is the first female manager in minor league baseball.

Won a natty at LSU. Two masters degrees. Close to ten years of experience with the Cards, Astros, and Yankees. Let no one say she isn’t qualified.

I think compared to her peers she’s massively overqualified, which is kind of the point.

1 Like

Indeed.

Good for her. She got he outstanding qualifications by putting in the work too.

That may be the first time Feldmann has been referred to as a “prospect”.

Noticed R.J. Freure pitching for Rome tonight against Asheville. 6th round pick of the Astros back in '18 who reached AA last year before getting released this spring. Quickly signed by the Braves who have him back in hi-A ball (where he’s walking too many batters which is something he specialized in while with the Astros).

After watching Dubón a few times, I decided to check on Papierski – claimed off waivers by Cincinnati and still in MLB. Basically, though, the Giants’ return for Dubón was 5 games of OPS .100 – maybe not their greatest all-time trade.

Thank you, I was trying to remember what DubĂłn cost us. Great move by Click.

Very odd for what is typically an extremely savvy front office.

1 Like

Dubon was out of options and the Giants tried to get something for him. It was slightly better than just placing him on waivers. The Astros were looking for better production than Goodrum.

The Giants ended up DFA’ing Paperski in order to add someone else off of waivers - Yermin Mercedes from the White Sox. He is hitting .444/.444.667 in his first 9 plate appearances with the Giants. While appearing in 4 games (2 starts)- one game at 1B, one game as C and two as DH. So maybe it has worked out okay for them.

4 Likes

Don’t know how this works, and may well be off base here, but…
Was Dubon something of a fan favorite?
If so, then in this situation would finding a home for him be more important than the value of the return on the trade? Would be more acceptable to fans than simply DFA-ing him?
Clearly they didn’t value their return on the trade…
IOW did the Giants show some heart here?