Ex Astros News 2024

Neither did MLB, or the PA

The Athletic is doing a series on “Black Aces” for February. Today is JR Richard. $$

2 Likes

Gooden will be the Ace of Clubs.

I think this belongs in the “What are you drinking?” thread.

1 Like

Sorry to see him go.

3 Likes

He will be missed. Someone will have to step up.

Seattle has feasted.on second-tier FAs. They should be very deep and are a value play to make the playoffs.

They are deep in position players and the bullpen, but the vast majority of them project to be average players.

The rotation is very top heavy. They have Kirby, Logan, and Castillo who project to be beasts, but nobody else that projects to be better than a #4 guy. If an injury happens to one of them, they are in trouble.

For example the Mariners do not have a starting pitcher outside of those 3 who projects to have an ERA under 4 by either Fangraphs or Baseball Reference.

The Astros have 6 projected by one, the other, or both.

I realize ERA isn’t the end all be all, but for projections there aren’t many other metrics used among multiple sites to reference.

Yankees say Cole to miss at least a month with elbow issue. Going to see a doc in LA because they don’t have any in New York.

Neris to the Cubs.

1 year, $9M.

Thank you Hector.

1 Like

Cabrera to the Cubs.

He was actually first, it just got lost in the mail

Cleveland waived Myles Straw

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1771224907797389821

I hate to be talking about him in the ex-Astros thread, but Uncle Mike is throwing out the first pitch tomorrow for Opening Day.

3 Likes

I think that is fantastic!

3 Likes

Josh Reddick will deliver the ceremonial first ball.

2 Likes

The Marlins called up Kent Emmanuel

Maton and Adolis had a little dust-up yesterday

Is the Conger-bot the 1B coach for the Twins?