Ex-Astros News 2022

Great story, and thanks for sharing. His failure to become a star for Houston was one of my biggest disappointments with Astros’ minor league players. I expected great things from him. Glad success finally found him.

4 Likes

Looks like Devo headed to Angels.

2 Likes

Amazed he still is pitching. I thought he was done years ago.

7 Likes

Not a bad career. He was a good Astro when he was here. Had a great sophomore season.

There was more than a few times this past Postseason when I thought “man, it’d be nice to have Jason Castro to pinch hit here”. Of course, all’s well that ends well, but he was an asset. Like you say, he had a fine career, and was a great Astro.

1 Like

An asset, yes, and a fine career, yes, but I still think “what the career arc might have been” with Castro who was the best-hitting catcher prospect the Astros ever had.

2 Likes

I think Castro did an adequately superb job with his 2 stints as a member of the Houston Astros baseball club.
I’ll always be grateful for his play/service and his HR against the hated ny steM this year that won the game against those asshats.

1 Like

Jose Lima gets a pitching ninja feature.

6 Likes

Great video.
I loved watching Lima-time during his tenure as an Astro- he was a character.

1 Like

Few people have more obviously enjoyed what they were doing.

5 Likes

Truly.
And, he wasn’t an arrogant prick about it, just fun-loving.

I miss him. How much fun would it have been to have him around during these recent Astros seasons?

3 Likes

He would’ve been a social media king.

True. Think about him in the booth with Blum.

2 Likes

That would be a hoot.
I thoroughly enjoy when Baggy comes by to the booth every so often.

1 Like

Read it. It’s fucking great.

6 Likes

Outstanding !! Thank you.

AE has always been one of my favorite Astros. When I lived in Vegas in 2001 I saw him crush a homer at Cashman Field while he was playing for New Orleans.

My “Everett 28” t-shirt is still one of my clutch good-luck shirts every postseason.

4 Likes

Everett and Metzger were great to watch and comparable. Tend to think Everett was better.

1 Like