Ex-Astros News 2022

I honestly don’t remember anything about Luhnow being reluctant to part with Rojas and Crane overruling him.

I’ve done some searching trying to locate the source for this. Anyone have a link to an article where this is discussed?

I remember reading it at the time, but I do not have a link.

1 Like

SI article (not unsurprisingly by Ben Reiter):

“O.K.,” Crane said, measuredly. “So you’re holding up this deal for a late-round utility guy who is having a good year?”

2 Likes

Thanks Mike.

Brad Peacock has signed a minor league deal with the Twins and will report to AAA St. Paul. He’s been at Royals AAA affiliate and has actually put up some good AAA numbers.

3 Likes

Good for him. I always rooted for him to do well.

4 Likes

He was a great Astro. I hope he has lots of success.

2 Likes

Me too. The Twins bullpen is an absolute disaster. If he can do at St. Paul what he was doing for the Royals AAA affiliate he will be with the Twins directly. So far this year Peacock was 2-1 with a 1.64 ERA across 38 innings in 35 appearances. He had a 50% ground ball rate and a 28% strikeout rate. Minnesota desperately needs that kind of production in their bullpen.

Let every Astro fan remember that in game 3 of the 2017 World Series Brad Fucking Peacock came in to pitch in the 6th inning. He delivered 3.2 innings, gave up no hits, walked 1 batter, and struck out 4 to earn a save.

Thank you for your service Brad.

Long live the 2017 Champions of the World

17 Likes

Deal finalized after being reported as being near over the weekend: Joe Musgrove with the 5 yr/$100MM extension with the Padres.

6 Likes

Good for him!

Thank you for reminding me.

1 Like

He can go get ‘em.

1 Like

Batting fifth Siri went 0-3 with 2 whiffs.

Though the Rays overall did just have just 2 hits in the game going up against Kevin Gausman for the Blue Jays.

Speaking of Toronto, Springer not in the lineup tonight. He’s missed 3 of the last 4 games (and DH’d in the other) as he continues to be bothered by the elbow issue.

Probably why they traded for Whit Merrifield.

2 Likes

An old tweet gets J. D. off to a rough start in SF…

Odo in his first start for the Braves: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 BB, 1 HBP, 4 K.

And then there was this…

That guy….