Ex-Astros News 2021

They really have. Unfortunately, some of the places along the okc river walk did not survive the Covid outbreak and shut down. A couple of year ago, it was a very prosperous place, especially when the OKC Thunder were playing well. Hopefully it gets back to where it was pre Covid.

FYI: McHugh is interviewed on Goldstein’s latest Chin Music podcast. Well worth the listen IMO.

1 Like

I was actually referring to the city park development along the North Canadian River. The downtown creek/river walk is nice but I include that with the whole brickyard entertainment district

1 Like

Julio Lugo reportedly dead at 45 of a heart attack: Report: Former Red Sox Shortstop Julio Lugo Dies At Age 45 – CBS Boston

Holy shit.

Lugo could rake.

1 Like

I live here and can vouch for the change. Roads and education are problematic, but housing and cost of living are low. Can drive anywhere in the USA in two to three days

Rader’s birthday topping which fell short of a bow is a lasting memory

1 Like

Colin Moran DFA’d by the Pirates. None of the 4 players acquired from the Astros in the Gerrit Cole trade remain with the Pirates.

That’s interesting. Moran is not a bad player. I guess they didn’t want to go to arbitration with him this year. He made $2.8MM last year in his first year of arbitration. He has a lifetime .747 OPS. The Pirates have no plan.

1 Like

To this day, the largest contract they’ve ever given is Jason Kendall’s 6/$60M back in 2000. Winning ballgames is not something their ownership cares about.

That’s been apparent since their postseason runs in the early 90s.

In Craig Calcaterra’s newsletter today he described the Pirates as “while it’d be unkind to say that they are run more like a money laundering operation than a major league baseball team, the burden of proof on that issue is probably closer to lying with the team than its critics these days.”

1 Like

I wish I were making this up:

Aubrey Huff is starting a sperm bank for unvaccinated men

As contributors or recipients?

Contributors. He says unvaccinated sperm will be “worth more than gold”

Didn’t he make some comment about whacking off on road trips? Maybe he’s just looking for compensation for what he’s doing anyway?

Perhaps you’re confusing the fact that he’s a jerk off with his proclivity to do, well, jerk off?

1 Like

I wonder if donors have to show their unvaccination card? I wonder what Greg Abbott thinks about that?

1 Like

Greg Abbott thinks?

3 Likes

How will they know if a vaccinated wanker gets past the guards?

…oh wait, I just thought of it. They can detect the microchip.

2 Likes