Ex-Astros News 2021

You are right, Jim ( once again)

I reacted emotionally. I guess I am just so sick of the cheating talk I just want it to go away and this just rekindled it.

Also I really like Taylor Jones and am eager to see him continue to get more chances.

However, this is about winning the World Series.

The top 12 position players ( starting 9 + Castro, Diaz, and Meyers/McCormick) are not effected by this move unless there is an injury.

And as the 10th man replacing Diaz ( who would likely start in injured position) or the 13th man on a playoff roster, Marwin is a better option than Jones.

Peacock sent from Cle to Bos for cash considerations.

Rogelio Armenteros released by the Nats and the Reds acquired Delino DeShields Jr from the Red Sox (who earlier this month had acquired him from the Rangers).

Delino DeShields Sr. is the 1st base coach for the Reds.

According to McTaggart, Carlos Correa is the one who spearheaded the reunion with Marwin. When Correa heard that Marwin had been DFA’d, he called him up and floated the idea of coming back to the Astros. Marwin was game, so Correa took the idea to Altuve, Maldonado, and some other teammates.
They were on board too, so he proposed it to Click and the deal was done.

McTaggart says to expect Marwin to join the MLB club in early September.

3 Likes

Maybe Marwin can repay the favor and suggest Carlos resign with the Astros.

8 Likes

So proud of our boys…

I hope Jim Crane has zero interest in losing an elite player in back-to-back free agency periods, especially a soon-to-be 27 year old that is one of the faces of the franchise.

I also hope James Click realizes Correa provides value beyond his skills on the diamond. He’s regularly involved in meetings at the mound and has helped calm down some of the young Astros’ pitchers, and he seems like he’s a leader in the clubhouse, too.

Finally, I hope Correa still wants to remain in Houston, like he said during the offseason.

3 Likes

CFM just got a one year extension from the Braves at $20 million.

Morton made $40M in the first 16 years of his career and including this, $65M in the last 4

I hope he sends Strom a Christmas card.

3 Likes

Former Astro first-rounder Seth Beer homered in his first career at-bat.

Mayfield cleared the bases in the 4th inning w/ a 2B (driving in Stassi + two others) and Stassi makes a nice play in the 6th as the Angels beat the WS (9-3) last night.

1 Like

Interesting Twitter thread by former Astro Mark Appel:

5 Likes

Thank you!

My son sent me this thread and pointed out the conversation about the Cal League. McCullars chimes in on how bad Lancaster was in the replies.

1 Like
1 Like

Very cool for him. His AAA numbers are eye-popping in both directions: 13.4 K/9 (wow!) and 5.5 H/9 (wow!), but also 7.6 BB/9 (uh, wow).

Has he hit the mascot more than once in a game?

Is it too late to get Reddick into the postseason as a pitcher? Best Athletics baseball cards

1 Like