Ex-Astros News 2021

I suspect this is indeed their approach.

And swapping Straw for Jake in CF doesn’t address the leadoff spot.

My prediction is Straw will open the season at leadoff. If not, maybe Bregman to try to emulate Springer.

1 Like

I think you can put Altuve at the top and do a good R-L pattern:

Altuve
Brantley
Bregman
Alvarez
Correa
Tucker
Gurriel
Straw
Machete

That makes the most sense.

Bregman
Altuve
Brantley (L)
Correa
Alvarez (L)
Tucker (L)
Yuli
Maldonado
Straw

Or

Bregman
Brantley (L)
Altuve
Alvarez (L)
Correa
Tucker (L)
Yuli
Maldonado
Straw

I would put straw at 8 to let him run more without worrying about taking the bat out of one of your best hitters hands

Fuck, no, no, no MM. Altuve is an awful choice, and who cares re the R-L stuff.

I think the righty/lefty hitting thinking has been slightly altered by the three batter minimum.

1 Like

This is the lineup I would pencil as well, but of course I don’t know shit.

1 Like

Yeah, there are so many possible reasons for not going after him, and only one reason to: when he was here he was a great defensive central gardener… It’d be nice to know their thoughts.

The former 1st round pick from 2014 posted an .811 OPS in 2020 but in a miniscule 16 games and just 39 plate appearances…

Fisher scored the last run in the most insanely awesome game I’ll ever see. I wish him well.

In 2018 they had a display case with items from the championship run, including his pants from game 5.

He was in the game for 1 pitch and ripped his pants. This is why we can’t have nice things.

2 Likes

Reported on the news today. I chuckled when they said he was popular for his diving catches.

Fisher was a huge disappointment. All he could do was run.

Marwin to the BoSox.

McHugh reportedly near a deal with the Rays

Dammit

Looks like we’ll be seeing a lot of Ken Giles in 2021…oops…make that 2022.

Yes. Even sometimes when he should not have.

Ran like hell the time it counted most, though.

1 Like

Rule 5 reunion