Entirely personal stuff

My brother, who never was a smoker, is dying of a rare form of lung cancer. I will go to Phoenix to see him 11/23-26, and it undoubtedly will be for the last time. I am distraught beyond words about this, and if I have been short with some of you recently, I apologize. He is my only sibling, my younger brother by almost exactly three years, and our relationship has had periods of inexplicable estrangement, always of his doing. I pray daily for a miracle, but so far nothing miraculous has happened. I am way, way more than sick about losing him.

8 Likes

So sorry Jim

Yeah, babe, it sucks.

Condolences, Jim.

1 Like

Sorry to read this.

I hope your visit provides comfort to you both.

1 Like

I’m sorry Jim.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that, Jim. I hope your visit is beneficial for both of you.

1 Like

Sorry, Jim.

I am very sorry to hear this. I will pray for him and also for your visit with him.

1 Like

I am very sorry, Jim

You, your brother. and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

1 Like

That’s a bummer, Jim. My thoughts are with you and your brother.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this, Jim. What a tough thing to bear. I hope your time with him later this month is meaningful and restorative. For both of you.

1 Like

Jim, I hope you can find peace in this very difficult time.

1 Like

Thanks to all. I learned long ago how to deal with my brother’s inexplicable periods of estrangement from me in a calm, non-confrontational manner which would preserve both our close relationship and my mental health. I hope it is a good visit, given the strong pain meds he is on, and I certainly do not need or want any deathbed confessions/apologies from him. All I want during our last few days together is for him to be the brother with whom I always have felt extremely close. I want him to think of me in the same way.

9 Likes

I’m so sorry Jim. I can only imagine your pain.

1 Like

Very sorry you are having to go through this, Jim. I hope your visit provides some comfort to you both.

2 Likes

Goddamn, that’s horrible news. I am so sorry, Jim. I hope your visit gives you both some wonderful time together.

3 Likes

I’m sorry your brother is suffering. I hope your visit Is one filled with contentment and love.

3 Likes

Thank you. I hope for a good visit with him and know the circumstances will be difficult.

Sorry to hear this, Jim. I’ll keep you and your brother in my thoughts and prayers.

1 Like