Entirely personal stuff

Very sorry to hear this, Jim. I hope your visit provides a level of comfort for you both.

1 Like

Our relationship since his diagnosis has been very good. I do not ever consider the unpleasant past when he is being my brother again, and he has been my brother for the recent past and now. My only discomfort will come from my knowledge this is the last time I will see him.

3 Likes

Jim, I’m so sorry to hear about your little brother. I am sure your visit will mean the world to him in his time of need, and I hope you both find comfort and peace in simply being together and having this time. This trip will be an important part of your grieving process, just knowing that you were there for him. Praying for you, your brother, and safe travels.

3 Likes

Thank you, Jo. I am hoping for all that too.

To all who were kind enough to wish me well:

I had a good visit with him, and we had an emotional moment Tuesday night with shared “I love you” from brother to brother. To my untrained eye, he went downhill some during the time I was here. My SIL thinks he will be gone in less than two weeks. I am grateful for my time with him this week, but being on a deathwatch of sorts with him is so surreal, and the reality of it all is almost impossible to comprehend.

If you are the praying sort, please pray for a miracle for Cal. If not, he could use your good wishes for peace. I personally have seen one health miracle in my lifetime, and I pray every day for his.

Thanks to you all for your loving concern. I appreciate each of you.

9 Likes

Consider the prayer thing done, Jim. I’m happy to hear the time with your brother was meaningful.

1 Like

While it’s an awful reason to get together, I hope that your visit was healing for the both of you.

Love you, Coach.

1 Like

I do not need healing, but I hope it was for him. I came to terms with his behavior long ago. I am very glad we had that moment.

Love you too, Matt.

1 Like

You and your brother have my prayers too, Jim.

Happy to hear the visit went well.

1 Like

It is such a good thing that you were able to connect with your brother before he passes. The value to him is incalculable. You helped give him the best gift of all during this time: peace of mind.

You’re a good brother.

1 Like

My brother died, either late last night or early this morning. I was asleep when my SIL called at 11:20 then texted at 12:15.

So sorry for the loss.

2 Likes

I’m sorry Jim.

2 Likes

So sorry Jim.

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss Jim. It’s a gift that you got to see and spend time with him before he passed.

2 Likes

Condolences to you and the rest of the family.

May he rest in peace.

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss, Coach.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, Jim. What a blessing you were able to see him this week.

2 Likes

I’m really sorry, Coach, but so glad you got to spend some time with your brother at the end. I’m sure it meant the world to both of you.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m glad you were able to say goodbye.

2 Likes