Electric Vehicles

Alpha Motors unveils the base model Wolf electric pick-up.

2 Likes

Whitewalls! This world needs more whitewalls!

3 Likes

Oh man, that reminds me of my old Datsun pickup. I loved that little truck.

2 Likes

That’s exactly the electric pickup the world actually needs.

2 Likes

Datsun is exactly what popped to mind when I saw it too.

Love it.

1 Like

Subaru brat?

I immediately thought of the Datsun or a mid 70’s Mazda B2000.

1 Like

That looks like a sensible, useful vehicle for the American market. It’s probably doomed.

Actually, I’ve been wondering if this niche would be filled. Back in the '70s and '80s there was competition for this niche with the Chevy Luv (the pioneer, I think), Toyota, Datsun, Mitsubishi, and probably others.

1 Like

They’re sending the motherfucking Wolf.

1 Like

Try to keep up because I drive really fucking fast.

Just don’t go anywhere near it with a black light.

Ummm…that’s probably good advice.

Fond memories of a 1970s vehicle, even a Datsun, are rarely because of anything intrinsic to the vehicle. Says the guy who has very fond memories of a 1974 Spitfire…

1 Like

This month would seem to be a good month to work from home. And homeschool. And order in groceries. Or just flee on a private jet to Antigua.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/tesla-give-one-month-driver-assist-technology-trial-customers-2024-03-26/

March 26 (Reuters) - Electric carmaker Tesla will offer U.S. customers a month’s free trial of its driver-assist technology, Full Self-Driving (FSD), CEO Elon Musk said on Monday, as softening demand and price competition pressure the company’s sales and margins.

…to a degree. I have roughly similar life experiences in a 1974 Chevy Chevelle 4-door that broke down a lot and a 1977 Fiat X1/9 that broke down a lot. Yet, both are remembered quite differently.

I can see that. There’s less room for any memorable experiences in a Fiat X/19 than in a Spitfire!

Flexible distance runners FTW…

1 Like

In my senior year, I was dating the captain of the girls’ gymnastics team.

One of many great opportunities in my life that I have mostly wasted.

1 Like

Holy shit!

$169/month for a car in which there’s plenty of room to fu… carry passengers and groceries.

5 Likes