Electric Vehicles

Audi dealer service is hit and miss. Once you find one that works, it’s a good idea to stay with that one.

I loved my A6. Once it fell off of warranty at 50K miles, I spent a whopping $3,200 in non consumable (oil, tires, plugs, etc…) repairs for the rest of my ownership from 50K to 192K miles, a span of 7 years. For a car with 445hp, got 36mpg and handled and stopped like a dream. My brother still has it (it’s up to 226K miles) and it’s running strong.

1 Like

I’m not a particularly tall guy (6’0”), but I’ve had headroom issues in nearly every Audi I’ve been in (the exception being an A8, of course). I don’t hit the ceiling in the front seats, but it feels cramped. The back seats are very uncomfortable for me, even in the Q5 I got a ride in.

This was in today’s NYT, and I thought it was fascinating. It’s the cities where the percentage of new electric car registrations is highest.

Midland isn’t on the list?

2 Likes

I was surprised too.

Napa should be.

Man who refuses to get the therapy he so clearly needs says what?

There’s a new Rivian in them lineup:

He is just a gross person.

3 Likes

Maybe Taylor Swift and her army need to pay him a visit.

1 Like

Two, actually:

The R3 is “designed with even tighter dimensions–and at a lower price point–than R2,” the company said — though it didn’t immediately release the price of the R3. Reservations for the R3 will start at a later date.

The R3 and R3X have sloping rear ends compared to the boxier R2. And like the R2, it will come in two battery sizes, both with over 300 miles of range and zero to 60mph acceleration of three seconds.

The R2 is pitched at $45,000. Will be interesting to see the price of the R3 when it comes out.

Take him down a peg. Or up. Whichever.

1 Like

I would buy an R3 if the price was right.

Separated at Birth

4 Likes

Yep. Definitely a very heavy whiff of European hot hatchback about it. Especially the R3X which will have three motors and 0-60 in under 3 seconds.

I think this will be a real winner in the market. All they have to do now is stay in business long enough to actually make it.

Rav4
MDX
CR5, CR9
Compass

Every crossover has those same lines.

1 Like

you could always spot a Rice architecture graduate because they drove a Golf GTI. I thought it was a great looking car. I also like the Saabs, so you can’t trust my judgment.

1 Like

I drove one of those from Houston to L.A. in 1988.

2 Likes

I drove my 1977 Panama Brown (orange) VW Rabbit from DC to San Diego then on to Fresno in 1987. The thing was indestructible and started my appreciation of VAG products. Fresno + no AC is not a winning strategy though.

1 Like

You should have checked the weather first.

3 Likes