Electric Vehicles

Where’s your place? I can help with native stuff if you’re anywhere around central texas

Katy/Cinco Ranch area. When I’m at my computer rather than my phone, I’ll create a new thread to discuss this, I’d love to hear what you have to say about it.

Range update: my legs are at zero point zero, and recharging very slowly.

2 Likes

Your range is couch to refrigerator, you’re saying?

Or does your couch have a refrigerator in it?

1 Like

It’s motorized and comes to him.

3 Likes

That’ll be different than what I deal with so not sure how much help I’d be (native plants needing native environments and such), but I’d check in with your local “county ag agent” and also use the Texas AgExtension Service as a resource

eta: this is absolutely where I’d start

1 Like

The CyberTruck is a danger to road users. There is no rear view mirror, the bed cover also covers the rear window, the side mirrors are designed to be removed by the owner for aesthetics, and the driver cannot see the front end from the driver’s seat.

And this is what purports to be brake lights.

Good job that he’s only delivered 10 so far.

Elon manages to find one of the very few occasions that this joke doesn’t work, and then uses it anyway.

1 Like

Just when I was about to get out of my bunk, they pulled me back in.

1 Like

Lea Thompson - yes. Hell yes!
Jennifer Gray - eh…sure, why not.

1 Like

Look, if they’re both there… nobody puts Baby in the corner.

1 Like

If you buy the CT with the range-extender, you don’t need a truck.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 2.17.41 PM

You probably do need a magnifying glass to go to the bathroom, though.

It’s the same bed size as a Kawasaki Mule

1 Like

Other fun CyberTruck numbers:

When it was announced, Musk said it would start at $40k and have 500 miles of range. The base model - not available until 2025 (per Elon, so :man_shrugging:) - is $61k, and will have 250 miles of range. So that’s 50% of the range for 150% of the price, sometime soon…maybe.

Even the higher-end models supposedly being rolled out now don’t get 500 miles. The AWD ($80,000) gets 340 miles and the Beast ($100,000) gets 320 miles. No word on charging times for what one assumes are humongous batteries.

The range extender is good for about 130 miles of additional range. So it doesn’t make 500 miles even with that.

Overpromise, underdeliver.

1 Like

…in the most peevish way possible.

the capitalist motto.Usually followed by ‘overcharge’.

2 Likes

The bullshit is never-ending with this guy.

They ran it over maybe 1/8 mile, so half the distance Musk claimed. Presumably they did this because even the base model 911 they raced against would catch up to a truck made out of a black hole.

Apparently Seoul just started operating an autonomous night bus publicly.

1 Like

Oh man. London nightbuses were invaluable, but stepping aboard was like stepping into a parallel dystopian reality. Like Thor dropping through the Devil’s Anus onto Sakaar.