Electric Vehicles

At least you can find one to test drive. You can’t find a Hyundai or Kia to test drive.

1 Like

I am very thankful that my current lease doesn’t run out until July 2024. I am hoping that there will be more choice and more inventory by the time that rolls around. Jumping on a March 2020 COVID deal turned out to be good in both the short and long term.

Waiting until November worked, too.

1 Like

Worst car I ever owned was a 84 Ford Tempo. Second worst was a 75 Ford Pinto — I should have learned my lesson with it.
I swore I’d never buy another Ford and then bought a 88 F-150 pickup. It had its problems but overall the truck served me well.
That new Mustang looks like a nice EV. Anyway, it’s not like it’s the first time Ford gave the Mustang a make over.

1 Like

Could not resist -

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgADyvENRSj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

6 speed? That’s new fangled and worthy of suspicion.

4 on the floor or 3 on the tree.

Worst car I ever had was an Austin Allegro. I didn’t own it - it was the pool car for the kids - but it was truly terrible. It’s the main reason why I could never contemplate buying an Ionic 5, because the look is far too similar.

The worst car I ever owned was a 1997 Trans Am convertible.

1 Like

Worst car I ever owned was a Saturn. Best car I’ve ever owned is the current Infiniti QX60. I know you hate Infiniti, though.

Mitsubishi, worst

Willys Jeep, best

Worst: Mitsubishi Mirage

Worst in US, my 1988 Chevy Cavalier.
Worst overall: we lived in the UK and Ireland for a few years and we had a Rover Montego that was an absolute shit car.

1 Like

I drove a Škoda “M-Bečko” (not mine) while in grad school. Aluminum foil body & a lawnmower engine. One step up from a Trabant. That was a bad car!

1 Like

There was a joke “what do you call a Skoda with a sunroof? A skip” (UK term for dumpster)

Worst car, in law school, a 1972 Buick Electra 225.
Best car, in law school, a 1972 Buick Electra 225.

Guy goes into an auto parts store and asks, “Can you sell me a gas cap for a Škoda?” After a slight pause, the reply: “Sure. Sounds like a fair trade.”

3 Likes

Talk English!

1 Like

Why do Skodas have heated rear windshields? To keep your hands warm while pushing it.

2 Likes

Ford switching (at least partially) to LFP batteries for its EVs. LFP batteries are cheaper to produce as they have no precious/blood metals in them, but they have less energy density than nickel-cobalt batteries, which reduces range.

However, manufacturers are constantly improving the energy density of LFP batteries, and they have the additional advantage of being happily charged to 100% without damaging the cells. This means that usable range is the full EPA rating, whereas for non-LFP cars you have to take 80% as you would rarely (if ever) charge them to 100%.

The ability to fully charge and discharge almost completely compensates for the difference in energy density. This tech is developing fast and cobalt is being phased out.

1 Like

At the risk of triggering PTSD, I offer this as a service to the wider audience who are unfamiliar with the horrors you endured.

Both cars, hideous at any speed. How could the 70s and 80s produce so much great music and cinema and, at the same time, such soulless crap-boxes.

1 Like