Electric Vehicles

Like the Chinese government.

Good - vacuums shouldn’t give shit, they’re supposed to take shit.

This is how the robots take over

I wasn’t expecting that from a Xiaomi but the thing is awesome. Just straight does work like a terrifying Chinese spouting boss.

I’m not worried, I have Old Glory robot insurance.

2 Likes

I think we all should be past the point of being surprised that Chinese companies are putting out quality, functional products. They make everything we use already, just with a Western brand name to boost the price (like “Apple”).

Chinese brand EVs are taking off in Europe and Australia due to a devastating combination of good quality and low price. The cars have some “designed by AI” quirks about them, but those will get eliminated over time.

Everyone who makes EVs needs to figure out battery manufacture, because they cannot compete with Chinese EVs if the bulk of the cost of the car is the battery and the battery is made in China. High-end brands will have their prestige, but Ford, GM, Stellantis and, yes, Honda and Nissan will find their market share for economy cars being eroded by the Chinese soon enough.

Getting back to smart products like robovacuums (I call mine “Edgar”, because he scurries around hoovering up dirt), Chinese brands are already breaking through. I have a few Chinese brand smart devices and the only way you’d know is from the poorly translated instructions.

I don’t have one, but I would call a robot Yankee because it sucks.

1 Like

Oklahoma?

“Why do you have a cork on your fork?”

1 Like

He’s a cork soaker.

iPhones are “assembled” in China with components from all over. Close to 30% of the components in an iPhone are made in Korea. Japan, Taiwan, and Europe contribute parts as well. But I do agree with you that the notion that China can’t make good shit is out of date.

1 Like

Chinese and Taiwanese manufacturers produce items to the specifications set forth by their clients.

A niche American tool manufacturer shared a story about a visit he paid to a Taiwanese plant. Among other items they produced were those 220-piece drill bit sets.

The American asked how they could produce at low cost. Simple. They only hardened about 7 of the sizes. The other 213 were essentially brittle metal toothpicks.

So a high quality 7 piece bit set lists for the same cost (or more) as the 220 piece set and American consumers buy up the mega sets.

1 Like

Yes, these days the quality of a product from China is pretty much all about the design and engineering. Brands that give a shit will not accept subpar products.

I believe India is starting to take the “cheap crap” mantle from China in some industries.

1 Like

India’s business culture is trash.

I use an old-fashioned broom. I’m old school.

This is not one they can bleat about not being a true recall because they fix it with a software update.

Everyone has to take their rusty new WankPanzer to the dealership.

1 Like

Holy shit! This is the retro-fit that is being “installed” on accelerator pedals of CyberTrucks to stop the decorative veneer from killing people.

Just bang a rivet in there, aesthetics be damned. It’s not even fucking centered!

Over the weekend, Tesla cut prices on its cars and even on FSD.

How’s that going over on Wall Street?

California has a solar power problem. Not that the TV shuts off when the sun goes down, but that they have too much of it.

Don’t threaten me with a good time.

Fun Fact: Shell Oil made a profit of $9.5 billion for the last quarter. Not revenue, not for a year, but profit for a quarter. The same quarter for the prior year the profit was half that - which is still insane. Remember this next time you fill up.

1 Like

So where are we with solar panels on EVs?

I assume it’s a rate of consumption vs rate of charge problem with a roof sized panel.