Dusty Back Next Season?

If Crane fires Click, he is insane.

6 Likes

It all seems rather insane. But I’ll say this: people may distrust Rosenthal’s judgement (for example, the lack of follow up on other teams sign stealing), but he has nveber ever been one to just make shit up.

1 Like

Maybe semantics but there will be no “firing”

Neither Click nor Baker have a contract for next season.

I think we all will agree that the GM and MGR for Astros are 2 of the best jobs in baseball. Both should welcome the chance to return.

That said I think that they do not see eye to eye on a few things. I’m not sure how important those issues are.

Click also inherited Dusty rather than hiring him which is uncommon among team dynamics.

I think Click would get most other open jobs if he made himself a candidate.

I think Dusty is either the Astros manager or unemployed once again.

Does Crane want change? Ultimately its up to him as I expect both eoukd jump at an offer to return.

There is also the dynamic of Joe Espada who will be a manager (IMHO). Do the Astros like him enough to give a team set up to and expecting to compete for a World Series to a rookie manager or do they accept him moving on?

Let’s just focus on winning it all…again…and worry about the rest of this shit down the line.

5 Likes

According to a trusted friend with contacts in the org, the rift between Click and Crane is real on some level. Crane was disappointed they didn’t do more at the deadline and felt Click should have been more aggressive (especially regarding Bell, who was target #1 before he got packaged with Soto).

Only one thing to do now…win the whole fucking thing.

2 Likes

The Verlander/Greinke experience must have gone to Crane’s head. Thinks whatever big move he pushes on the GM must be a brilliant idea. Get the hell out of baseball decisions, man.

Rebuilding the bullpen on the fly last year should be enough for an extension.

5 Likes

Disagreements between Ownership and employees happens all the time in the work place. Yes sometimes employees get fired or decide to move on, but I like to think that most of the time cooler heads prevail when both sides respect each other like I’m hoping is the case here. Having disagreements (even heated from time to time) just means those involved are passionate about what they do and can actually lead to both sides learning and getting better and making the company stronger than it was before. Maybe I’m just taking the glass half approach? Anyhow, who was it that said we should just worry about 2022 again?1?

Bell is hitting .185 with a .272 Slugging Pct. since becoming a Padre. Maybe Click should be cut a little slack on that if true.

8 Likes

Agree

Everyone knows this.

Everyone knows what Mancini has done.

Everyone knows what Vazquez has done.

FWIW…