Correa Re-Signing: Will He or Won't He?

I call bullshit also.

FWIW: Granato’s not the only one saying it:

I think Carlos got his feelings hurt because Houston didn’t do exactly what he wanted. He’s a very arrogant individual with an even more arrogant agent. There is no negotiating with someone like that.

The Correa PR machine has kicked in.

Completely glossing over two opt outs.

3 Likes

“Call us back when you’re ready for an opt out after every year.”

Brah, they totally ghosted us.

2 Likes

Fuck him.

1 Like

Fuck him and feed him fish heads.

If Carlos wanted to be an Astro, he would be an Astro.

I don’t understand the vitriol y’all have towards Correa because he wanted an opt out. This is common practice for every star in this sport who thinks they deserve and want a long term deal and that deal doesn’t happen. We’ve seen this before. All that has been talked about over the past 72 hours is that Carlos was most likely going to seeking a pillow deal so he could go back in the market next year. This is precisely the only reason the Astros had a shot since they were never going to give him a long term deal. When it came down to crunch time, the Twins gave him what he wanted and Houston didn’t. Be mad at Crane. Correa did what 99% of players do. He followed the money.

1 Like

Fuck him. How many other teams said no to opt out every year?

1 Like

Earlier this week, it was reported that odds were high that Correa was going to take a one year deal with the Astros and try again next offseason to get the long-term contract he really wanted. That’s not much different than what he ultimately agreed to with Minnesota.

1 Like

We don’t know the answer to that. There could have been, and I’d be willing to bet there were, other teams willing to do the opt out. Teams grant the opt outs all the time. The real question is, how many teams were willing to make him the highest paid infielder AND give him the opt out. It could have only been the Twins, but it only takes one team doesn’t it? Just like it would only take one team to sign him to 10 years at $300 plus like he wanted. That team could have been Houston but Crane chose not to. Be pissed at Crane.

TWO FUCKING OPT OUTS.

Good for Crane.

1 Like

Yes, I heard that too, but we have never heard, at least to my knowledge, and concrete dollars offer that Houston put out there. Do you know for a fact that Houston had $35M on the table? If Houston had $32M for one year on the table versus the Twins offer you expect Carlos to take that?

Why do I have to be pissed at anyone? They wanted different things, they couldn’t find common ground, move on.

1 Like

I guess you don’t, but some on here seem really irate that Correa took a deal elsewhere. I just find it surprising folks are so seemingly mad at him on a personal level for doing what almost every player in the sport does. I guess the wound is still too fresh.

Seems like all but one.

2 Likes

I expected him to take a deal elsewhere. That ain’t it for me. He offered a fucking screw job to Houston now his sycophants and apologists are saying “they did not want me.”

Fuck that.

1 Like

Now that I understand. Agree with that part of it.

1 Like

No, I’m not pissed at Carlos. Probably because I said my goodbyes to him when the season ended. I knew we would never sign him to the deal he wanted. It’s against our organizational philosophy and I happen to agree with it. He’s too risky from a health standpoint. I don’t want a Pujols type contract on our books. Hell, Altuve’s contract makes me uneasy given the knee issues he’s starting to exhibit. What happened is just the nature of the beast.

Pretty sure she meant all but Twins in response to Jim asking how many said no to opt outs every year