College Football 2023

Ohio State has no chance of making the playoffs now that Texas won the Big 12 Championship in convincing fashion. They aren’t a conference champion. Texas is. Texas winning at Alabama by 10 points is also better than anything Ohio State has done this season.

Ohio State’s best win is Luxury Brand Iowa

1 Like

You are probably right. I worry too much. At least I can quit worrying about a Georgia blowout cheapening the horns win at Bama.

Oh shit

“fancy ball handling” says the booth

Georgia’s receivers can’t get separation against the Alabama secondary.

They miss healthy Bowers and McConkey

2 Likes

That punt return by Georgia just made this a game again.

Alabama wins 27-24.

Well, we’re gonna find out how the committee deals with a serious debate

Trickery by Alllaaaabammma sealed the game.

If Louisville or Iowa win, Texas and Alabama are both in. Georgia should have no case. They aren’t a conference champion, and their best win isn’t better than Texas’ best win.

I still think Texas is higher than Alabama in the committee’s mind. They beat Alabama on their field by double digits, which no other team has done in the Nick Saban era. That’s going to be very hard to ignore.

Personally, I’m not sure Florida State without Jordan Travis makes it even if they win tonight. The committee has to evaluate what they are now. Their best win would be either three loss LSU or two-loss Louisville.

2 Likes

I am pre-pissed about Bama or Georgia being in over Texas

2 Likes

No argument from me

I can’t see an unbeaten P5 team getting left out. But I also can’t see the SEC champ left out. And I can’t see why H2H should be ignored.

If FSU wins, one of those 3 things will happen

If Jordan Travis was healthy, an undefeated Florida State doesn’t get left out. However, his season-ending injury changes everything. A 5-7 Florida team would have beat them last week if they had any offense.

If Jordan Travis was healthy, an undefeated Florida State doesn’t get left out.

But he’s not.

Totally agreed, though.

1 Like

Which is why I said I’m not convinced they make it now that Alabama won even if they win tonight. They have to dominate Louisville, not just scrape by.

I know nothing about this Louisville football team

I also know nothing about Florida State

Even with their freshman QB FSU would beat Washington by 10 points. “Geographic diversity” (welfare for white people) is the reason everyone assumes/knows Washington is in.

Storm Duck has been my favorite CFB player name for a couple of years (pretty good player too), glad to know he’s at Louisville now.

1 Like