College Football 2023

Yes. They are unbeaten in the SEC

So a Bama loss today and then beating Georgia would throw things into complete chaos. I vote for that.

2 Likes

If Texas takes care of business, they still have a good shot.

Georgia is in unless they lose to both Ga Tech and Bama

Michigan is likely in even with a loss next week

That leaves two spots for Texas, FSU, Oregon, Washington, Alabama, and Ohio State

One of Washington and Oregon will be behind Texas after next week, even assuming Washington wins today

Florida State without Jordan Travis is no shoe in to win both their games

Ohio State should be behind Texas and not a problem

Alabama would have to beat Georgia which I just don’t see and jump a team that beat them by 10 at home

Really Texas just needs FSU to lose a game and they are likely in, again, if they take care of business next week

Here is where I have a question. How does losing to the #1 or #2 team (or even #3 this week) not count as a “better loss” than UT losing to OU? I get that there is a “recent loss” bias, so maybe that is all it will take. If Michigan does lose to Iowa, though, I could see the committee opt for an OSU/Mich rematch.

I do agree on Georgia & Michigan. If Washington or FSU win out, that is the four. If Oregon beats Washington, though, I expect they will be in, so there is really just one spot available for FSU/UT/OSU/Alabama. Go Gators!

Who you lose to isn’t everything, who you beat matters too. Texas win at Bama is miles better than anything Ohio State has. OSU has two wins that matter, at Notre Dame that they should have lost and at home vs Penn State who couldn’t move the ball against teams with a pulse.

Texas has has Kansas State that is close to Penn State level win and Bama who is much better. Texas would also have an extra win and B12 title on top of 1 loss

2 Likes

Holy shit in the Alabama-Auburn game. Wow.

Oh, Auburn. Drop a punt, give up a 4th-and-goal from the 26.

From the 31.

If Texas wins the BIG 12 championship next Saturday, there’s nothing Ohio State can do. First, Texas would be a conference champion, and Ohio State would not. Second, Texas beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa by double digits is better than Ohio State beating Penn State and three-loss Notre Dame.

2 Likes

SEC Shorts on Monday should be good.

1 Like

Most Auburn loss ever. Just catch the punt and you can start running the clock out. Very disappointing

I think that was probably payback for the Kick-6.

OSU coming back and through one overtime.

Wazzu tied with Washington late Q4 with the ball.

Bama miracle.

Afternoon slate is on bath salts.

Holy cow.

BYU loses because their player’s knee comes down on the defender’s foot.

Washington just ran a fake punt from their own 29 to keep the ball. Now in FG position with under a minute.

UW hits the field goal as the clock expires

They might get clobbered by Oregon next week

1 Like

Georgia Tech scores first against Georgia. Florida up 7-0 on Florida State.

At some point the world is going to stop gifting Notre Dame high rankings early in the year and make them earn a Top 25 spot, right?

They’re a fucking joke this year.

2 Likes

Notre Dame starts every season as the default champion.