College Football 2023

I think a lot of people miss the fact that he may be a Manning but he faced a pretty weak HS level

What they miss is this has been the family plan all along: redshirt, backup, start the third year. Media nonsense about a transfer.

2 Likes

Tech with a nice win over Cal in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport. Tech fumbled the opening kickoff and Cal scored on the first play from scrimmage and it looked like a disaster in the making for the Red Raiders.

However, it was almost all Tech after that, including shutting out the Golden Bears in the second half. The final score was 34-14 Texas Tech.

Tech finishes the year at 7-6 and try to get better next year.

2 Likes

Here’s one of those “Conference Meeting” comedy videos for the Big XII. Perhaps not as good as the SEC guy who (I think) started the genre, but pretty good.

1 Like

Isn’t it great we’re able to found out which is the better 6-6 team?

Noted brilliant offensive mind BOB

Watching the Alamo Bowl, the only thing more staggering than the holding ou’s offensive line gets away with is how much Russian propaganda our resident conspiracy theorist posts.

1 Like

You get those calls in the SEC. I just means more, dontchano.

Arizona storms back to take a two touchdown lead with less than 3:00 remaining.

1 Like

That was mighty enjoyable seeing my alma mater beat the dirt-burglars/ou in person.

Go Cats.

6 Likes

I just finished watching the game. Even though they got away with a lot of holds, many were called and those calls don’t happen against OU in the Big 12. It’s kind of fascinating just how much their offense stalls when they can’t get away with that tactic.

Also funny how many times holds were called and the replay showed multiple holds on the play.

Congrats to the Arizona program; that’s quite a rise from the bottom.

1 Like

I’m counting it as another Big XII victory over the SEC.

5 Likes

Do I have to start rooting for SEC teams now? Fuck.

1 Like

Oh fuck no. Only second tier wannabes root for their conference.

1 Like

Quite the recovery after an early season loss to an SEC team that only won one conference game. In retrospect, that loss is a bit baffling. They definitely figured out something after that game.

The starting quarterback at the time, Jayden de Laura, is the epitome of high risk, high reward. He could make something out of nothing like did repeatedly in the upset of UCLA last season. Or could he throw four interceptions and overthrow a wide open Jacob Cowing in the flat for what would’ve been the tying touchdown in OT against Mississippi State.

No disrespect to the kid, but the best thing that happened for Arizona was de Laura’s ankle injury against Stanford. Fafita taking over as quarterback completely changed the season.

1 Like

This curb stomping of FSU is beyond what even I expected

2 Likes

Those idiots on the committee totally messed up, clearly.

1 Like

I think it’s simultaneously true that they earned their way to a spot and that any of the top 5 teams would have beaten the snot out of them

I think that, on paper, sure they earned a spot in the playoff.

But anyone with two brain cells to rub together knew this is what the result would be.

1 Like