College Football 2023

Essentially a breakaway from Division I/FBS - let’s call it Division I-Pay.

The schools would be required to pay into a trust fund for each player, to disburse those funds after graduation. The schools would also be able to cut out the middleman by paying NIL directly instead of depending on boosters/collectives for it.

Need a ROTFLMAO button.

Thanks for the insight, as I wasn’t aware of that. I thought the only stumbling block was A&M’s unwillingness to go along and instead join the SEC.

That was a distant third. First, as Jim said, was all the coaches rejecting it; second was the impasse over Longhorn Network.

1 Like

Don’t trust your soul to a backwoods southern lawyer:

3 Likes

And don’t forget SEC Shorts (um make that ACC Shorts)

2 Likes

Branson is the entertainment capital of southern Missouri AND northern Arkansas!

2 Likes

Sweat wins the Outland Trophy

5 Likes

Dillon Gabriel transferring to Oregon

The Army / Navy game had a really terrific finish. Navy on fourth and goal, needing 8 to tie, with time running out, attempts a last ditch rush from the one and a half or so. Enormous scrumpile of Army / Navy dudes. No dice, Midshipmen.

2 Likes

Not shocking, but it pretty much confirms the rumors that Ewers will return.

2 Likes

Yup and yup.

Nothing but the best for Maliik. I hope he lights it up where ever he goes unless it’s USC, A&M, or OU.

3 Likes

Absolutely. We don’t go 12-1 without him.

3 Likes

He made a few Freshman mistakes (which they all do), but it would’ve been much tougher sledding without him at QB2.

1 Like

Is Ewers automatically the number one next year if, say, Arch has a better spring?

Unless Arch comes in looking like NFL Peyton, it’s Ewers.

2 Likes

No way Manning beats out Ewers. No way.

Yeah, zero chance Arch outplays Ewers for the job heading into 2024.

Manning is still a HS kid playing in college and learning. His family also is ok with that.