College Basketball '22-'23

I’m torn between wanting the Big 12 to make a statement and hoping for a 4-game losing streak for KU.

1 Like

That damn Dick kid is going to be hard on the rest of the Big 12.

2 Likes

Phrasing!

1 Like

When I watch yall play I think about the Obanor/Abmas combo at Oral Roberts.

The “I [heart symbol] Dick” tshirts were plentiful at KU’s last home game.

1 Like

He claims to be 6’8” but is really more like 6’4”

3 Likes

Got the first part wrong! Bama ran into a buzz saw at Oklahoma. But got the total wins for BIGXII right.

1 Like

I guess I’m old but it’s easy for me to choose hoping for KU to lose at any time …

Over the decade the Big XII won the series 5-3-2.

I don’t follow SEC basketball at all, do they generally schedule their expected top 10 teams for the challenge, or is it random?

Could be wrong (as usual), but it’s scheduled in advance in a home-and-home situation. But it seems like they do match the big name programs together.

If Kentucky was coached by almost anyone but Calipari…

I’d pull for Kentucky against KU even if Pitino was coaching them.

This is the last year for the Big XII / SEC Challenge. I don’t know how the SEC select the ten teams, but they are selected before the season and they rotate. Next year it will be SEC / ACC.

I’d like to see a Big XII / Big 10 challenge series.

It is not random based on the fact that Florida played every year and Kentucky would have had the 2021 game with Texas not be cancelled due to COVID issues.

Looking at the teams that played the most and the least, I would say regular attendance at games may have been a factor. Georgia and Miss. State only played in 5 of the 10 and they play in cavernous empty arenas. That may not be the only factor but I think optics of the crowd for a nationally televised game is a part of the equation.

Looking at the team by team outcomes - Ole Miss sucked going 1-7 in their 8 appearances.

UT got one win in this hard stretch. Need at least one more.

3 Likes

Sir’Jabari Rice is so good coming off the bench and creating offense.

3 Likes

Very important especially when Carr has an off night. I do not like Scott Drew even one little bit, but I respect what he has done with the Baylor program.

2 Likes

Texas Tech finally has their first Big XII win as they defeat the #13 Iowa State Cyclones 80-77 in overtime. Tech overcame a 23 point deficit to tie the game in regulation.

Tech has had a tough year and is not currently in position to make the NCAA Tournament. However, the Big XII is so good that with enough wins to finish the season, Tech may still have an outside chance to get in.

There. Now, I’m totally out of breath.

1 Like

Your pom poms needed a rest anyway.