College Basketball '22-'23

Very fun game. Beard D doing Beard D things, and the offense looks a lot more cohesive.

Jarace Walker, freshman forward for UH, is a guy to watch, as is the team.

They’re gonna have to really clamp down on the defense in the second half. Can’t let up against the Zags or they will burn you.

1 Like

The halftime lead is impressive, because Gonzaga has not played poorly at all. In fact, they’ve made several difficult shots. We’ll see if UT’s shooting continues in the 2nd half.

Hunter is on fire!

Texas leads 78 to 58 with 9:08 left in the game.

Thoughts:

Several players (Bishop, Carr, Disu especially) look to have dropped some weight and are more athletic and active.

If the Horns can shoot remotely this well (not just from 3, but midrange too) they will be really fun to watch.

Offense and ball movement looks infinitely better than last season.

SirJabari Rice looks to be a great transfer pickup.

Need more of an inside presence on offense. Don’t know where that would come from.

Is Drew Timme 28 years old yet?

1 Like

Don’t forget Hunter. He’s the biggest addition, IMO.

3 Likes

Wow! Mark and I were there.

Anything on TV about Hunter’s injury?

1 Like

There is no “inside presence,” Lefty, if you want 6’10”-7’0.” We are 6’9” and 6’8.” Maybe Mitchell will develop to take away your criticism. He was spectacular late in the second half. The big guy we wanted from the portal went elsewhere. Bishop, Disu, and Cunningham did a great defensive job on Timme.

Fantastic game tonight.

1 Like

Shit, Jim, mellow out. I don’t know what the “criticism” is you’re talking about.

I did say “offense” instead of “defense” when talking about the interior (rim protection, shot altering, defensive boards), I was typing in a hurry so that is my fault.

Cunningham is a madman and I love him.

There is no new news on Tyrese Hunter’s injury, whatever it was.

Wonderful game.

Mellow? I could not be more. I thought you meant inside presence on offense. I was babbling about the game. We kicked Gonzaga’s ass.

1 Like

I did not expect that level of outcome. It was amazing, glad you and Mark got to see it in person.

Mitchell had 3 alley oops in the last 5 minutes and barely missed a 4th, right? Was it Mitchell or Morris who had the goaltending 2 feet over the rim, late in the game?

Texas played great. 97 points against the number 2 team in the nation and with a 19 point margin of victory. That sends out a strong message to all future foes to beware.

So, on a scale of 1-10, what is the noise level comparison between a raucous game at the Drum vs a raucous one at the Moody Center?

I never heard any followup about his injury, but he went over and did the postgame interview and a) never was asked about it, and b) didn’t seem to be in any pain. He had ice on both legs, so I’m hoping it was just a cramping issue.

No comparison. This is a great basketball venue.

1 Like

He was cramping. He mentioned it in the postgame pc.

Probably Mitchell, but I cannot say for sure. Mitchell can jump through the roof.

The rebound slam brought the house down. The only shot he missed should have been an easy dunk.

1 Like