College Basketball '22-'23

First game all year.

No one gloating here, cheerleader. Keep up your breathless posts.

I know that. I can read too.

Can you please point to the “breathless” post so I’ll know.

The gloating is fine. It’s the endless claims of moral superiority that are tiresome.

How is that gloating!?

I was at the game watching him play. He’s a goon.

And i just said the truth about the score. It was close, but Tech needed a miracle play to tie/get the lead at the end. They were chasing.

Those are both facts.

All of your Tech updates are breathless like you think the board desperately wants to know how Tech is doing.

Moral superiority. I do not think we claim that position, but there were Tech assholes near us who I might claim it over them. BTW, those Tech fans left with over a minute to go.

This was a very good basketball game. If the Tech fanboy will let me, I’ll say Tech played hard and played a good game. They hit some miracle threes at the end (23 hit one from across IH35), but UT held on.

ETA: UT recruited the big goon so I know our coaches think he can play.

2 Likes

When the score was Texas 68 and Tech 65, Tech had chance to take control if they hit their free throws. They missed 3 of 4 and were then forced into the foul-to-stop-the-clock-game, which never really works.

Man, Jim your disdain for Tech’s sports teams and their fandom is palpable. Who is your least favorite BIG12 foe?

The Tech teams are fine with me. The Tech team played hard last night, and they have some good players. The fans sitting near us were assholes. I lived amongst them for three years and have reasons to not be enamored with their ilk. Do you not remember the Texas team had to have police protection going to and coming from the arena in Lubbock last year? That is Tech fandom at its finest.

We had four of them in the row directly behind us, and the biggest asshole near us was across the aisle. I hope he was drunk because he made a fool of himself and ignored his buddy’s efforts to get him to calm down. All of them left the building when UT went up by 6 with about a minute to go, and those loyal fans missed Tech’s furious near-comeback in the last minute shooting threes from way downtown.

Of the teams I dislike, OU is at the top with aTm in second place.

Agreed, but I could never have imagined how Baylor would jump into third for me.

I am sorta neutral on Baylor, but I do not like Scott Drew.

My level of contempt for a college team is usually dictated by fan behavior first, behavior of the coach second, a player or players on the other team third, and my personal insecurities fourth.

1 Like

My contempt for the fans does not lead to contempt for the team. It usually is limited to the fans unless the team or a player does something. I generally respect college athletes for their skill and for the sacrifices they make to play at a high level. That is part of what makes jock sniffer fans’ obnoxious behavior contemptible.

…and #6 UConn goes down to St Johns

2 Likes

Alabama basketball player arrested for murder. He had just been announced as needing to miss the season with an ankle injury.

In spite of winning a close game in a “crap” conference, the Coogs maintained their hold on #1 in the AP and Coaches polls and also #1 in the NET and KenPom rankings. Seth Davis of The Athletic has them at 4, behind Kansas, Purdue, and Alabama.

Yay rankings!

1 Like

I know what you mean. But being number 1 isn’t meaningless either. It’s symbolic of a successful program and significant in increasing visibility. And, it doesn’t hurt a bit.

1 Like

9th ranked conference, between the WCC and CUSA.