College Basketball 2023 - 2024

Jamal Shead with 29 points and 10 assists. He’s pretty good.

They dominated in every area. The Coogs were good in ways they’re usually not, like 3 point % and FT%. Even on the rare missed shot, a Cougar got seemingly every rebound. Tech looked like they couldn’t throw a pea in the ocean, mostly because of the Cougar defense.

Tech plays the “other” Cougars on Saturday.

Who was the last legit “big man” UT had?

Also, Abmas has been surprisingly unimpressive, not that he has much help on the perimeter

I don’t think it’s so much that he’s been unimpressive as it’s been UT does a shockingly bad job of finding ways to get him open.

Most of his attempts are from NBA range, and/or contested.

1 Like

As for legit big man, I couldn’t tell you. It’s been quite a while since they’ve had a classic center.

1 Like

Mo Bamba should have stayed in school a couple of more years.

2 Likes

That wouldve been alright by me.

I forgot about him, this is how old I am, I was gonna say Panama Myers.

FT%. Yeah UH was 3/3! 3 FTs at home. LOL. What an ass whipping despite that. Very enjoyable game to attend.

1 Like

That’s amazing. Especially in a blowout win.

College basketball officiating is awful.

Tech only shot 15, 9 to 15 fouls called, it’s ridiculous but not all that egregious.

I was thinking Chris Mihm and then remembered Bamba.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Nice!

Chris Mihm. Wow. I went on a few dates with his ex years ago. She had a rather well developed sense of her own self worth.

1 Like

I prefer my women well developed in other areas.

She certainly had that, which probably led to the former.

1 Like

Agree with that. It is odd to see a team outscore their opponent 40-8 in the paint as well as have 63 FGA (to Techs 49) and only end up with 3 FTA.

Also was getting a good chuckle at the Tech PG rolling the ball up the court while they were down 30 points.

Abmas.

Ausmus passing him would really be news