College Basketball 2023 - 2024

Welp.

Texas season ending on an Abmas absolute brick is pretty poetic.

Tennessee was awful. A decent outing from Texas wins the day, but instead they shit themselves across the board.

2 Likes

When Abmas and Disu shoot terribly, good luck winning games. The sad thing is Texas wins this if they just protected the ball better and Brock doesn’t gift Tennessee five points.

Terry better bring in shooting from the portal for next season.

2 Likes

I’d have rather played defense with the way Tennessee was shooting and go for the win. Though they ended up fouling the right guy in Aidoo.

In the end, they were going to need an own goal from Tennessee, which is pretty unlikely. The play where Disu made a nice spin move on the low post and had his little banker go down and come back out and then Hunter(?) missed the follow was kind of the turning point. If they had gotten that bucket, I think things might have been different.

2 Likes

Oregon playing some serious defense here at the end.

I do not like Oregon

You are way, way wrong.

Good grief. You obviously were not paying attention to the recruiting he has done. The portal counts too, and that is starting right now.

Team playing bad? Blame the coach.

Terry has won as many tournament games in 2 years as Barnes, Smart, and Beard combined from 2009 to 2022.

3 Likes

Lampkin has more skills than I remember him having at TCU, I thought he was just a bully/goon.

For a big guy he is pretty fluid and has soft hands. But he couldn’t hack it at TCU because he thought Dixon was mean.

Reminds me a bit of Oliver Miller

That was a very fun game. Good for Shaka, and Kolek is a wizard.

I hate to admit that I just now learned that Marquette is in Milwaukee. I always assumed it was in Marquette Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Superior, and wondered how the hell they attracted athletes up there.

Won as many tournament games as those guys while they were Texas’ head coach.

On second thought, I’m even stupider than I thought, Marquette on the shores of Lake Superior is in Michigan.

3 Likes

I remember the year they won it all in 1977, they were coached by Al McGuire and led by Butch Lee and Bo Ellis and they played their home games at the MECCA Arena in Milwaukee.

I remember that season too.

Bit before my time. Who’s yall’s favorite college teams over the years?

I loved the Illinois “Positionless Clones” team: every guy was b/w 6’5" and 6’9", about 4 of them played in the NBA (thank you Nick Anderson!)

That loaded UNLV team was fun to watch, vs a loaded Duke team.

That was a good Illinois team, Steve Bardo and Kendal Gill too. Kenny Battle and Marcus Liberty. All played in the NBA. Also Coach Lou Henson and his famous comb-over known as the “Lou-Doo”.

1 Like