College Basketball 2023 - 2024

Gene Keady and Lou Henson were on the forefront of hair technology in the 80s.

2 Likes

I really liked those Billy Tubbs coached Sooner teams in spite of them being OU. Wayman Tisdale, Stacey King, Mookie Blaylock, Anthony Bowie and Harvey Grant.

1 Like

I’m only a casual fan, but the Phi Slama Jama teams were peak college hoops for me.

4 Likes

Man I LOVED college basketball in the 80s.

I knew the Big East rosters top to bottom.

Loyola Marymount was a favorite of mine, and I really liked the Pitt team with Charles Smith and Jerome Lane (I was watching the night he broke the backboard).

Of course I liked most of the teams from Texas.

Yes! Them and the Syracuse team that got Smart’ed, are in the handful of my “how did they not win the championship?” teams

Penders UT vs Nolan Arky were some epic games

2 Likes

Wooden’s UCLA teams were my favorites by far.

3 Likes

I always saw the comb-over as just a hair style for guys with limited choices. Like a crew cut or the horse-shoe, not as some attempt to fool anyone into thinking you had a thick luxurious pate.

1 Like

Denny Crum said combovers can be just as thick and luxurious…

IMG_0300

A gentleman should never part his hair closer to his ear than the crown of his head. That’s just polite society stuff.

2 Likes

Strollin’ Nolan.

I attended Southwestern University. Billy Tubbs coached there before he got the helm at Lamar the first time.

In the hall outside the gym they had team photos lined up.

They all looked the same: basically a bunch of guys that looked like me with the occasional skinny tall guy.

Then Billy’s teams. There was barely enough room on the back row for 3 players because their shoulders were so wide.

The after-Billy teams returned to form.

Btw he sported a crew cut when he was an assistant at Lamar.

I can’t think about Billy Tubbs and not think about when he did this at an OU/Missouri game.

4 Likes

That reminds me of the Sam Wyche “You don’t live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati” moment on the mike

I hated that guy so, so much, but that was a pretty strong move.

2 Likes

Eat shit, Baylor.

Don’t hold back, now

A&M and Houston in a real dogfight.

UH is getting cornholed by the refs

1 Like

The whole game is weird. The refs don’t want to foul everybody out, which is what would happen if they went by the rules, so they wind up calling some stuff and not calling other stuff and nobody can figure out what’s going to get called.

1 Like

Tonight the rule is three aggies get fouled for every one Cougar. A&M 22 FT, UH 7 FT.

1 Like