College Basketball 2023 - 2024

The Coogs had a statement to make. And they did.

Fuck KU

3 Likes

Tech beats Baylor 78-68. Both teams get a bye to the quarterfinals in the Big XII tournament.

Why?

Just curious.

They know what they did.

1 Like

BIG 12 CHAMPS! What a team. What a season. Jamal Shead locked up unanimous Big12 POY and AA today.

1 Like

The KU fans said UH had no chance of competing in the Big 12. OOOOOOOOOOPS.

1 Like

Kinda like fuck NYY.

2 Likes

I was flabbergasted when the announcer made that comment in the Texas-OU game today. The objective should be to call the game fairly and accurately, not ignore calls because games will take too long.

2 Likes

As someone thatā€™s a fan of a team left out of all the fun games, for 20+ years. This season has been so much fun, and cathartic.

Especially beating teams by 20+ points like tech or Baylor on the road, who had no reason to look down their nose at UH.

Oh, UH canā€™t this, or UH is that. Well we finally got to play yā€™all straight up andā€¦.

2 Likes

Just a couple of points for clarity: Tech fans werenā€™t ā€œlooking down their noseā€ at UH or anyone else coming into this season. Most were hoping for an NIT bid at best. Also, the Cougars beatdown of Tech happened in Houston.

I didnā€™t say we beat tech by 20 on the road, weā€™d probably be 95%+ favored to win, but not by 20.

1 Like

My alma mater/The BasketCats royally shit the bed against a lousy 'sc team in their final Pac-10/12 regular season game.
Fuck me, Iā€™m hoping this is a wake-up call for Arizona as they just may have lost the last #1 seed going into the NCAAs.
Sumbitch.

Whereā€™s my drink?

The loss sucks but being the 2 in the west isnā€™t a ton different than being the 1

1 Like

Yes, but I still have a hangover from the #2 seed loss to Princeton last year.
This #1 seed was theirs for the taking after little u little t lost to kentucky tonight.
Alas.

Hereā€™s to future conferences mates playin in Phoenix in a month. If we both make there we can meet up for a beverage.

1 Like

Twist my armā€¦

Dukeā€™s Filipowski trips a player, baldly, and no foul is called (let alone a tech, let alone ejection). Nothing is made of this, at all, as everyone involved realizes there are narratives at play (namely, the issues around money) besides fair competition.

Ah, our resident conspiracy theorist appears.

Moving from a tinfoil hat to a tinfoil Stetson.

1 Like