College Basketball 2023 - 2024

At the Auburn game Saturday, Morgan Freeman (Huge Ole Miss fan) had courtside seats - and this happened

UH 1st half of the conference schedule. Away game avg KenPom rating, 18, Home games 78

Remaining games. Away games 35, Home games 41

Much more balanced going forward. 1 top 25 KP team on the road remaining, UH had played 3 and no team worse than 29 (TCU). Remaining games vs 15, 30, 31, 67.

Iā€™d guess 13-5 wins the league with a chance 12-6 could do it.

K State had their chance against KU, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen worse shot selection than theyā€™ve shown in the last five minutes. Iā€™ll be surprised if they can overcome it.

ETA: well, they did it. I still donā€™t really know how, but they did it.

As a Boise St fan its the annual ā€œis this the year we finally win a tournament game?ā€ Time.

Tang is now 11-0 in OT games.

Thanks for posting that.
Nice to see where the BasketCats/Arizona/my alma mater is there.

Another officiating clinic in Austin tonight. Texas is playing awful basketball, but Jesus Christ these refs are atrocious.

Did you see the non-call that got Coach Sampson ejected last night? The officiating is so weird in NCAA basketball that it takes much joy out of watching the games and leads to the legitimate questioning of their integrity.

I hadnā€™t seen it until just now but holy shit, how do all 3 refs miss that on a 1 on 1 iso play in the middle of the paint? Just a full on shove to get free.

That looked a lot like the UT game last night.

1 Like

Announcer: ā€œI think he overreacted, butā€¦ physicality unacceptableā€

Plus itā€™s clear thatā€™s where the offense was directing the ball.

Not subtle.

Auburn defeats Alabama by 18 at home in a game that featured 61 fouls and 85 free throws.
The first half was not bad 24 (12 each team) combined fouls and 30 free throws (14 Bama 16 Auburn)

Second half saw 37 fouls (21 Bama / 16 Auburn)!

Amazingly only two players fouled out but 7 finished the game with 4 and 5 more had 3.

The wasnā€™t that physical either

Sounds like a fun game.

The Horns are finally delivering an honest-to-goodness beatdown.

Meanwhile, Illinois and Wisconsin put exclamation points on the claim about Big 10 mediocrity.

1 Like

So if Big 12 also-rans best the top dogs, it proves inference strength. But if the same happens in the B1G it proves weakness?

It does if you watch the games. The defense in the two conferences is not comparable.

ETA: Sorry, that sounds snarkier than I intended. But Iā€™m serious about the defense. B12 guards stay in front of their guys in a way that B1G guards donā€™t. There were probably a dozen buckets in todayā€™s Illinois-MSU game where guys were able to turn the corner on their defender and get to the rim (where they werenā€™t met by help-side defense, either). That rarely happens in the B12.

1 Like

The Houston Cougars in the Phi Slama Jama throwbacks survive at Cincinnati against the Bearcats 67-62

Man, Baylor looks turrible tonight.