College Basketball 2023 - 2024

KU starts out 9 of 10 from the floor.

ā€œTheyā€™re 7-foot, you may have to jump on thatā€ ā€“ Sampson

1 Like

This is not the kind of performance I was expecting from Houston.

He has been hurt a lot, as i am sure you know. Cramps have plagued him.

1 Like

Or if Hunter had not jumped in the air on a pass with under 30 to go and a tie score.

3 Likes

Finding a guy like Furphy is like finding a diamond in a goatā€™s ass.

Kansas is straight up destroying UH in the paint

rebounds: 24-10

pts in paint: 24-12

That, too.

Man, Kansas was ready to prove they are still king of the mountain. How did they lose to UCF?!?!?

1 Like

UCF also beat #23 OU today

UCF smacked OU around the whole game. Dawkins can coach and unlike Houston, they recruit centers.

Kansas took Houstonā€™s game away and Houston couldnā€™t adapt. Kansas took complete advantage of Houstonā€™s double team defense. Kansas was 31-45 from the field (68.9%) and 6-13 from 3 (46%) And when the Cougars get that far behind they are totally fucked because they have no up-tempo game.

1 Like

The only reason Houston didnā€™t lose by 20 is Kansas made so many more turnovers than the Cougars.

1 Like

Bill Self is a hell of a good coach.

Maybe the best.

Houston is very reliant on their defense forcing turnovers leading to transition opportunities along with dominating the offensive glass. They are not a good shooting team. So, like you said, they donā€™t want to be in a shoot out.

Kansas has always been able to create good half court offense under Bill Self, especially at Allen Fieldhouse. Itā€™s a bad matchup for Houston.

Cincinnati beat Tech by 3 points in Lubbock. I fear lack of depth may be Techā€™s undoing. The Bearcats are a rebounding machine, especially on offense.

Itā€™s always a bad match up at Kansas. Add to that a top 5 defensive player in the nation getting hurt and playing 4 minutesā€¦.

Iā€™m looking forward to getting to play the good teams at home, so far UH has played the best teams on the road and the crap teams at home.

UH has OkieSt, Texas, ISU, Cincy, Kansas at home.

Cincy, Baylor, OU, UCF on the road.

As you said, beating Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse is always a challenge. I hope Francis is ok. He took a nasty fall.

The Big 12 is quite the juggernaut this year, and it is hard to win on the road in the conference. There is a decent chance 10 or 11 teams from the conference make the NCAA Tournament.

If you enjoy comparing teams and leagues, I recommend Bracketologists.com - You can thank me when you come out of the rabbit hole.

Example: Here is a resume comparison of Texas, Texas Tech, Arizona, Houston & Auburn

3 Likes