College Baseball 2022

An 0-5 start to his collegiate coaching career after his Huskies lose on Wednesday to Cheito’s Rice Owls.

I have no idea who #41 is for the Horns, but he is built like Roger Clemens.

Great game v TAMU-CC, 5-4 UT, bottom 9

UT won 5-4.

ETA: 41 is Aaron Nixon

1 Like

I hope the resemblance is only physical

1 Like

Never noticed him before, but I saw his thighs and ass and thought Nolan and Roger, NTTAWWT

The pre-steroids Clemens or post? The Clemens who pitched for Texas looked different from the one who pitched for the Astros.

2 Likes

I know what you’re saying, but I was thinking prime Boston Clemens

That likely was pre.

1 Like

18th ranked Tennessee is 6-0 after defeating Iona 27-1 and 29-0 on back to back days. The Vols have out-scored their opponents 105-5 over those six games. Granted the competition hasn’t been the strongest although three of the games were against Georgia Southern which is picked to win the Sun Belt this season.

5-0 UT vs 5-0 Alabama

1-0, UT win
2-0, UT win

Sunday is a new fun day.

I think Longhorn pitching might be at least decent.

2 Likes

It looks like those who suffered through the conditions Friday and Saturday will be rewarded with a gorgeous day today.

2 Likes

D-F Field in Feb and in the early spring is among the coldest places in the world.

1 Like

Wish we were getting some of that gorgeous in Houston. It’s been a miserable weekend, weather wise.

Right up there with Candlestick Park, may it rest In peace, in June.

1 Like

UT completes sweep 6-1. Alabama’s run was a HR.

1 Like

That was about the only possible place to get one out… right down the line. The center field flags were faced straight in the entire weekend.

Hansen-Stevens-Witt is a formidable frontline rotation. The weather played a significant role in depressing scoring over the weekend, but winning the 1-0 and 2-0 games is great to see.

Yeah, they kept talking about how many Alabama left on base, but there were a lot of hard hit balls by Texas which were kept in the park by the wind. It’s early, but the offense seems a bit stronger than last year, and the depth of relievers seems a bit stronger also.

UTSA with a nice win over #6 Stanford today. 6-5 in 10 innings.

I am not making any predictions, of course, and it is very early, but this is the best, most complete UT team I have seen in a long time.

3 Likes