Cole and FA

Both outcomes suck, and I hate the fucking Yankees. I pose the question because if the Angels add Cole and a Rondon-type then their nucleus of Cole, Trout, Ohtani, and Rondon-type player becomes pretty stout. Winning 90+ games and having to play in a WC play-in game becomes a possibility and a grim one at that.

That said, I agree that the worst case scenario is if he lands in the Bronx. If that’s what’s going to happen, let’s hope it comes at a cost of $300mm+

If/when Cole leaves, I hope he goes to a National League team. I think having to face him on any AL team would be bad. I could see him going to the Phillies or Dodgers.

Phillies just signed Wheeler for big money, I’d be pretty surprised if they went even bigger to also add Cole

An article on ESPN.com yesterday claimed that the Dodgers, Angels, and Yankees were all coveting GC and that the bidding would start at $250mm. Boras didn’t write it, but I’m sure he helped form the narrative in some way.

i dont want to see cole go. But reality we have a lot of chess pieces we are working with that are going to continually raise salaries. Hated to see marsinick go, but the other speedster can fill in at a lower rate, and fill in at SS

I do not want to see Cole as a Yankee, but if he does sign there, i hope it’s for enough money that they can’t afford to add another catcher like Maldonado and Cole has to pitch to Sanchez…

Oh God. What a glorious point.

Well done, @Astrojo!

1 Like

O/U 5 wild pitch/passed balls a game?

Yeah, outSTANding observation.

Here’s another, perhaps not as glorious - the FO, despite their various missteps that usually don’t have much to do with baseball, found Cole before he was the 300 million dollar Cole. I imagine they are betting that they can do that again. And I would not be surprised if they did.

And while this didn’t happen much in the 2nd half, Cole has shown he can get flustered when things aren’t going his way.

Man, Charles, I hope you are right.

Could it be Lindblom from Korea? Reports saying they are interested. Also one rumor out there about us being interested in Contreras From the Cubs.

no team has made an offer to Cole yet. They are gearing up.

Gammons apparently put a hint on Twitter linking Cole to NYY now.

Preparing myself to be incredibly disappointed. Cole to NY is a fucking nightmare.

BlockquoteGammons apparently put a hint on Twitter linking Cole to NYY now.

Fuck Whitey.

sigh. well maybe another pitcher will fall our way…Astros seem to have nack on how to ferret them out.

I hope an NL team gets aggressive and signs him if we can’t match what the Yankees offer. It won’t be fun facing him on a regular basis.

Yesterday, I received a mobile alert that the Yankees had offered 7 years for $245m. I still kind of expect the Angels to make some crazy overpay, like 8 for $320+m. Even though the Yankees made Cole their top priority, I’ve also seen rumors that Moreno will do pretty much anything to get him.