Click, Click, Boom

In retrospect, this move was a certainty as soon as they held the Dusty presser without Click.

4 Likes

I would love to see Jeff Lunhow back.

My opion is that Crane has an idea of how he expects the Ops deprtment to run.

He and Click did not agree on that.

Many ideas and decisions made by Click were either veto’d or disregarded.

In many cases this world Series was won with aspects against Click’s ideas. In some cases Click’s ideas may have been better. We will never know.

Crane did not want to commit to multiple years until/unless Click was able to/willing to adapt to his view.

Click was unwilling to accept this " probationary period"

Its not good and my opion is that most of the things I have heard, I prefer Click’s choices but the others worked.

But done is done.

Now fill the spot ASAP so as to not hurt roster building.

I can’t believe the amount of people around here giving a damn about the negative spin being put out by the media. This has been the norm for the last 4-5 years now. Fuck them.

In addition, we simply don’t know what went on behind the scenes.

Lastly, I’m just happy we kept the band together long enough to avoid it being a major distraction heading into the playoffs. When the reports first started to surface I thought that was exactly what was going to happen. Thankfully it didn’t and we took home the trophy.

4 Likes

This is very important.

I don’t need anything from the media to make me think that letting go of the GM that just won the World Series is prima facie stupid.

1 Like

Maybe those rumblings back in August (?) about Crane’s interest in Sig Mejdal as a GM candidate had some merit.

I think when the scandal hit, Crane decided that he needed to become more involved.

I don’t think he and Luhnow could work together again even if itvwas a possibility.

It will either have to be a young up and comer who just wants an opportunity or is a “yes man” figurehead.

Or

An old school guy who aligns more with Crane and Dusty’s outlook and willing to have partial control.

The Crane - Jerry comparison terrifies me, in my current overreaction stage

1 Like

The fact that Ji-man Choi was considered “long-sought-after” by the Astros is giving me comfort at the moment.

2 Likes

Ain’t gonna happen, but could you just imagine the reactions from around the baseball world to that? It would almost be worth it just to see it! We would officially supplant the Yankees as the evil empire.

2 Likes

Months ago when the stories started popping up about this, I knew it was either Dusty or Click in 2023 not both.

But I thought the conflict was between them not involving Crane.

1 Like

I suspect the replacement is already in discussions. Maybe have been for days

2 Likes

How long until we see Brian Cashman’s name floated in connection to the opening?

Jerry has been wandering in the desert since Jimmy left.

That would explain Jerry’s face

2 Likes

Something to watch for: does Crane offer the new guy a multi-year contract?

1 Like

This won’t happen in a million years.

But if it did, Luhnow should absolutely have a full scale villain, Hollywood Hogan entrance to the press conference.

4 Likes

I would think something Death Star related

I’m sure it won’t but I would love to see that Hollywood Hogan entrance and a leg drop to all the haters.

2 Likes