CFB 2022

He bailed because Baylor inexplicably didn’t try to substitue anyone for the field goal. The Bears got caught napping or were just dumbfounded by the previous play. If Baylor tries to run guys on the field, the ref stays over the ball.

1 Like

The Bears weren’t the only ones dumbfounded by the previous play. Dykes said after the game that they wanted to get the ball to the middle of the field because that’s where the kicker is most comfortable, but that was a significant risk.

1 Like

Texas Tech and Iowa State have traded punts throughout a scoreless first quarter.

Tech has an impressive 96 yard drive for the game’s first score. Now 7-0 Tech on the frozen tundra of Ames, Iowa.

So far today has been best teams play bad and win. Tennessee trails South Carolina by 2 TDs but driving right now

1 Like

Go Cocks!

Carolina needs to win their game too.

I’m all for chaos in the top-10

Texas Tech takes a 7-3 lead into the locker room at the half in Ames. Those betting the “under” are feeling pretty good.

Gus Johnson, not content to be loud only at the microphone, is wearing a peach-and-cream plaid sport coat over a navy blue-and-white striped shirt with a white collar and a blue-and-white floral print tie. It looks even worse than it sounds. Even Roger Stone is saying “dude, tone it down a bit”.

2 Likes

Texas Tech with two goal line stands in a scoreless third quarter. Tech over Iowa State 7-3 after three quarters.

What game is this?

USC-UCLA.

1 Like

I am so disappointed that Gus was not doing the big noon game today that I didn’t get to watch. I am beyond annoyed when I hear him call games

Damn DTR, just give USC all the chances this quarter

How does Iowa have 7 wins? It seems like they’ve barely scored that many points.

2 Likes

Texas Tech and Iowa state both score touchdowns in the fourth quarter, but the two no-scores inside the five yard line in the third quarter are killers for the Cyclones. Texas Tech prevails 14-10.

Tech is now 6-5 and bowl eligible. They will try to get a better bowl against Oklahoma in their last scheduled game.

It doesn’t seem like they barely score points. They barely score points. But that defense is no joke and the special teams is pretty good too, by special teams I mean the punt team.

There was a “drive” earlier this year where they punted, got the ball back from a muff, lost 5 yards and punted again, but forced a fumble on the punt, lost 10 yards and kicked a FG

1 Like

Hogs are absolutely curbstomping the Rebels

Gamecocks are doing things against the Volunteers

Bad night for the Confederacy.

And in the most unexpected development of the day, South Carolina is stomping an absolute mudhole in the Vols.

Now 56-31 Cocks in Q4.

ETA: And Hooker just went to the locker room limping badly. You can put this one in the books.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind USC losing tonight as well.

1 Like

But can they still make the playoff?